Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Leyland Lpg Conversions

Adlington

Leyland LPG Conversions

16/17 Huyton Road Industrial Estate, Huyton Road, Adlington, Lancashire, PR7 4HJ

Tel: 01257 481858

Ive been quoted £900 fully fitted by these guys. Ive only spoken to them on the phone but the guy seems ok.

Has anyone used him? and if so, is he any good? and did the system work properly?

He is offering a single point system with a OMVL Reducer and a 70 lt tank where my spare now lives.

The filler he insists on putting in the NSR bumper.

Only a couple of weeks off having the money so would appreciate any feedback.

Cheers.

The previous owner of one of my Range Rovers got him to fit the LPG to the car. That was a few years ago. I have had him service it a few times (no one in Scotland can do that system so it is just as well I have friends I visit regularly in Preston!).

I have not had any problems and he always seems to have enough work to keep him busy! The premises themselves are not 'customer friendly' but there is a nice pub in the village that nip in to while he carries out the service! I doubt you will be waiting around though.

I would go for it! However, please avoid the 18 December as I am booking the Range Rover in for a service!!

Craig

Adlington

Leyland LPG Conversions

16/17 Huyton Road Industrial Estate, Huyton Road, Adlington, Lancashire, PR7 4HJ

Ive been quoted £900 fully fitted by these guys. Ive only spoken to them on the phone but the guy seems ok.

Has anyone used him? and if so, is he any good? and did the system work properly?

He is offering a single point system with a OMVL Reducer and a 70 lt tank where my spare now lives.

Cheers.

This seems an amazing price! I believe there are various systems available. What would the range of this 70 lt tank be? I seem to remember reading you can't actually empty the tank.........?

David

I'm going for these guys, it's another £300 but it's a multipoint system which are considered to be more reliable and better at getting the fuel into the right cylinder at the right concentration, also comes with a 90 litre tank.

Getting it fitted monday, i'll let you know how it goes.

I'm going for these guys, it's another £300 but it's a multipoint system which are considered to be more reliable and better at getting the fuel into the right cylinder at the right concentration, also comes with a 90 litre tank.

Hi thats the firm a friend of mine ( a mechanic) contacted, He seemed satisfied they know their stuff, ( a steal at that price)

let us know how it goes Mark

i read the other day that a multi point system should be used on these cars.

Its only worth the money if you are keeping the car for the forseeable future.

Hi manc. When you say that a multi point system should be used on these cars do you mean the Mklll that John is having converted or a MKll like mine? The guy at Leyland LPG said that a single point would be fine.

The more i look into this, the more confusing it becomes.

£1,000 is a lot of money of it doesnt work and save money.

I plan to keep my car for as long as she keeps gonig.

i read the other day that a multi point system should be used on these cars.

Its only worth the money if you are keeping the car for the forseeable future.

Hi manc. When you say that a multi point system should be used on these cars do you mean the Mklll that John is having converted or a MKll like mine? The guy at Leyland LPG said that a single point would be fine.

The more i look into this, the more confusing it becomes.

£1,000 is a lot of money of it doesnt work and save money.

I plan to keep my car for as long as she keeps gonig.

Hi John it is only the mark 4 that must have the multipoint system I know I tried a single point & it didn't work.

on a mark 1,2&3 a single point is fine. A friend of mine has a 93 model & fitted a single point at 95k it has now done 250k with no problems. He gets £ for £ 45mpg on a run & 30mpg round town with a heavy right foot. A multi point may be a bit more economical but is more complex ( so more to go wrong)

Adlington

Leyland LPG Conversions

Cheers.

This seems an amazing price! I believe there are various systems available. What would the range of this 70 lt tank be? I seem to remember reading you can't actually empty the tank.........?

David

Check with the installer how much gas can be used from a full tank. Doughnut tanks have welded brackets so should be bolted securely to wheel well. Fit the biggest tank you can as i dont think 70ltrs is big enough for a 4ltr v8. Ask for the filler to go under the petrol flap where an adaptor is needed hence no ugly holes in body or bumpers.

Adlington

Leyland LPG Conversions

Cheers.

David

Check with the installer how much gas can be used from a full tank. Doughnut tanks have welded brackets so should be bolted securely to wheel well. Fit the biggest tank you can as I dont think 70ltrs is big enough for a 4ltr v8. Ask for the filler to go under the petrol flap where an adaptor is needed hence no ugly holes in body or bumpers.

Im reconning on about 250 mile to a tank based on 50 usable lt in a 70lt tank @ 23 mpg. I average about 23 nocking about and 27-30 mpg on a run, which is what i do mostly. (20k per year)

The installer wont put the filler inside the filler flap, as i want him to, because, he says, he cannot give me a guarantee and certificate if he does. Apparently, to do this he has to fit an adapter and that is ILLEGAL.

Dont know if thats true but i suppose hes the expert.

Might get him to strap a couple of cylindrical tanks in the outside of the car. One on each side. they might come in handy as floatation tanks if it doesnt stop raining. I can just see me up front in the drivers seat, steering and the wee wifie sitting in the boot paddling. Happy days.

• 2 weeks later...

Had it on all this week, it's very nice onty filling up £35 a time instead of £70! done 500 miles no problems what so ever.

If anyone else wants to use Hytek Autogas give me a shout and i can get you £50 off :)

I'll put some pics of the install up when i get around to taking them (did an oil change, headlight upgrade and put some alloys on today as well as an oil change on my wifes Seat Cordoba, was nice to see sensible sump plug and filter location on the Lexus, the Seat on the other hand has a litterial filter change i have to open up part of the engine and get covered in oil taking out the paper filter and gromit then putting in new one, very messy if anyone has any tips on making it cleaner i'm all ears :)).

£999 for 4 cylinder, £1099 6 cylinder and £1199 8 cylinder, minus the £50 discount :)

• 3 weeks later...

Hi John, I was thinking of getting the LPG kit fitted to my LS and am near Manchester so would be close enough to me. What do you think of running the car on LPG and did you go for the tank in the wheel well or a cylinder? Also what range have you got using LPG on average? Cheers

Hi John, I was thinking of getting the LPG kit fitted to my LS and am near Manchester so would be close enough to me. What do you think of running the car on LPG and did you go for the tank in the wheel well or a cylinder? Also what range have you got using LPG on average? Cheers

I haven’t been able to get it done yet. Some a**e drove into the back of me in Sept and the insurance repairers made a mess of the repair. I was in a catch 22. Cannot get it converted because there is a chance that the insurance company might write the car off as uneconomic to repair a second time. When its repaired again and everything is finished I wont hesitate to convert it.

Ive worked out that if LPG does 15% less MPG than petrol, ill get my money back in 9 months or so. I do about 20k a year.

Ill be going for the tank in the wheel well.

I haven’t been able to get it done yet. Some a**e drove into the back of me in Sept and the insurance repairers made a mess of the repair. I was in a catch 22. Cannot get it converted because there is a chance that the insurance company might write the car off as uneconomic to repair a second time. When its repaired again and everything is finished I wont hesitate to convert it.

Ive worked out that if LPG does 15% less MPG than petrol, ill get my money back in 9 months or so. I do about 20k a year.

Ill be going for the tank in the wheel well.

I think it was aimed at me :lol:

I went for a tank in the wheel well in the end, you even have enough space behind it to store a can of tyre weld and some lovely cool water bottles (expanding gas as the tank empties gets colder so always cold drinks :) )

I'm getting around 210miles to £30 but thats because i am using the car for pizza delivery around town if i go on the motorway it shoots up to about 300-350miles a tank, which is 70 litres not 90.

Unfortuneatly the companies price have gone up by £100 but i can still get people £50 off just let me know your having the conversion done :)

I've now done 2k and it's going fine :)

I am very interested to get this done, did they do a neat and tidy job as I'm quite fussy!? What kind of guarantee do they give you and how long did it take them to install? I drive up and done to Aberdeen quite often so I think it will pay for itself in no time.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links