Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Steering Wheel

hawk77

Right, so couple of days ago my car started to develop a stupid noise from the front wheels and steering. I put the car on jack and investigate the wheels and suspension. Everything seemed fine. After I put the car down the noise went away. After I've taken a tight corner, same noise came back but not for long. Few turns and it was fine again.

Any idea what that might be?

Any help would be grately appreciated.

Mercer

Right, so couple of days ago my car started to develop a stupid noise from the front wheels and steering. I put the car on jack and investigate the wheels and suspension. Everything seemed fine. After I put the car down the noise went away. After I've taken a tight corner, same noise came back but not for long. Few turns and it was fine again.

Mercer

how are your ball joints ?????? hve they been checked

Mercer

how are your ball joints ?????? hve they been checked

Well, the mechanic had a quick look this morning and said that they look ok. The rear ones said that will require some atention. Do yu know how easy it would be change the top and bottom ball joints?

I didn't want to create a seperate thread, but I have some strange noise also related to steering, but only when reversing - probably happens when the steering wheel position is coming close to full lock? it is a 2000 year IS200 A/T. has anybody experienced anything similar?