Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus No More...

Norv

Hi there,

A few weeks ago I wrote off my Is200. Was toying with the idea of buying it back and fixing it up, but that doesn't seem likely so I decided on a new car. As much as I loved my Lex the fuel economy was just too big an issue.

I have finally bought a Gold GT TDi 150, it's quicker than the Lex and does double the mpg! I do miss my Lex though.

I have a while before the insurance is sorted so I have a platinum ice Lex which I can swap bits off with anyone if it helps. I have fan type jets which I can swap etc...

Is there any bits that should take off to sell separately? I will sell my TRD yellow ARB's, rising sun dash dials and a few other bits and bobs on eBay. So if anyone wants anything as a swap then let me know! Based in Salisbury if that makes it easier!

Cheers,

Mark

Hi there,

A few weeks ago I wrote off my Is200. Was toying with the idea of buying it back and fixing it up, but that doesn't seem likely so I decided on a new car. As much as I loved my Lex the fuel economy was just too big an issue.

I have finally bought a Gold GT TDi 150, it's quicker than the Lex and does double the mpg! I do miss my Lex though.

I have a while before the insurance is sorted so I have a platinum ice Lex which I can swap bits off with anyone if it helps. I have fan type jets which I can swap etc...

Is there any bits that should take off to sell separately? I will sell my TRD yellow ARB's, rising sun dash dials and a few other bits and bobs on Ebay. So if anyone wants anything as a swap then let me know! Based in Salisbury if that makes it easier!

Cheers,

Mark

not got nothing to swap but how much for the roll bars???

Looking for £250 plus shipping for the ARB's, only about 3 months old!

Nothing is on eBay yet as I need to take everything off it and replace it with the standard stuff.

Plat ice sport grille, fan washer jets, rising sun dials xe-01, floor mats, tool kit, k and n panel filter, timer relay for auto folding mirrors.

Hoping to sell these to fun a few mods for the golf!

Really miss the Lex though!

• 2 weeks later...

Just been on the phone to the insurance company. They are giving me £3,250 for it and want £487 to keep it.

So I'm not sure what to do with it now! I don't think its worth trying to fix it up again as the damage was quite severe.

Think I will whip a few bits that will go unnoticed from it and go from there.

So any more bits and peices anyone wants pm me!

Mark.

what else you got mate?how about a wee list?remember though roll bars are mine!! :winky:

ps hows your sister?

I have decided to buy it back from the insurance then going to put it on eBay as a cat c write off. Will be interesting what it sells for. Too good for spares, so hopefully someone will rebuild it who has the time and space for it!

So I will just sell on the mods I have done and then advertise it.

Ormi you will def get the ARB's!! Still haven't taken them off yet, but will do soon. My sister had the baby at 01.45 this morning, both of them are doing fine.

Still got xe-01 rising sun dials, Lexus badge from air box, floor mats, plat ice sport grill, 16" alloy spare wheel, k and n panel filter, nearly new bosch Battery (biggest that would fit in the tray), un cut 3 button spare key.

I will try to think if there is anything else.

Cheers,

Mark.