Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls Model Owners.................!

As a relative newcomer to LS400 ownership, I am amazed that LS drivers look so similar! My partner says that Lexus owners are all middle-aged and fuddy duddy........................and that includes yours truly!

Does anyone under 40 drive and enjoy their LS? Is there anyone over 65 who drives an LS?

Am I the only person who tows a caravan behind an LS?

Do any LS owners have hair? Sadly not me!

Answers on a postcard!

Cheers to us oldies..................................

As a relative newcomer to LS400 ownership, I am amazed that LS drivers look so similar! My partner says that Lexus owners are all middle-aged and fuddy duddy........................and that includes yours truly!

Does anyone under 40 drive and enjoy their LS? Is there anyone over 65 who drives an LS?

Answers on a postcard!

lol well I've just turned 40 and still have all my hair and do not pull anything :)

Answers on a postcard!

lol well I've just turned 40 and still have all my hair and do not pull anything :)

Like it!

About 4 years ago there was a survey within the club and it turned out that the typical LS owner was....

54 years of age, overweight and losing their hair. That summed me up exactly. The one and only change is I am now 58.

I am not the typicall LS400 user then, I am 29 and had my first LS when I was 26. Although I must say that I am starting to thin-out on top early like all the blokes in my family!

I like a car to be smooth, quiet and comfortable and to be reliable and well built, all hallmarks of the LS.

welcome to the club,

my dad is a ls430 owner, 58 or sumthing, bald, and not thin.

my is driving my ls400 as i cant get insured,. hes about 26ish, bald not thin. it has a pattern 2 it doesnt it.

I am not the typicall LS400 user then, I am 29 and had my first LS when I was 26. Although I must say that I am starting to thin-out on top early like all the blokes in my family!

I like a car to be smooth, quiet and comfortable and to be reliable and well built, all hallmarks of the LS.

I totally agree. My first car was a mkI Golf and while my friends were figuring out how to make theirs louder, I tried to add as much sound-deadening material as possible ;)

I'm under 40 and drive a LS430 and proud of it. I get the usual jibes from work about doing weddings, it's a pimp-mobile, drug dealers car, limo driver etc but they all love to talk about - much more than I ever had when I owned a Skoda Octavia.

I go against the norm too.

Im 33 and have had my LS for 5 years, love it to bits and started doing some work on it myself, just so i could keep the thing on the road.

I was offered a bargain Y plate mondeo zetec recently, well looked after and serviced regularly and to be honest it drove reasonably well (for a ford! :shutit: ) , but I couldnt do it and I persevered grazing my knuckles whilst changing the control arms on my '93 LS.

I've had a few sheds in the past that have cost me a few quid every few months... a nova saloon (the addiction must have started here?), fiat tipo with the digi dash, Peugeot 205gti (what a great car, a go-kart!), bmw 318i, cavalier cdi

I worked as a courier back then and regularly used the bosses cars for trips with small parcels so they could keep the vans for big stuff, suited me great and I couldnt help noticing the difference with bigger comfier quieter cars on those long journeys.

Then my cavalier needed £600 spending on it, I went to my dads to 'loan' it, and he was just moaning about it costing him £800 thro advertising trying to sell his lexus...he'd had it for years and yes he was 50 and tubby :whistling: , 2nd owner, always garaged and serviced etc, he then said its only worth 1500 and i could buy it for a grand. My eyes lit up as i could have a great car on 'finance' with my dad.

Think i eventually paid around £800 which back then was a right bargain.

It has never been a pain in the arse like the rest of the cars, its never broke down ever (even with my dad) and has only recently started costing me some money with the common faults. It is 17 years old so i cant whinge. The engine is still sublime so its got plenty of years left yet... i wonder how long i'll have it for

And my next car just might well be another Lexus...

I go against the norm too.

Im 33 and have had my LS for 5 years, love it to bits and started doing some work on it myself, just so i could keep the thing on the road.

I was offered a bargain Y plate mondeo zetec recently, well looked after and serviced regularlyand to be honest it drove reasonably well (for a ford! :shutit: ) , but I couldnt do it and I persevered grazing my knuckles whilst changing the control arms on my '93 LS.

My next car just might well be another Lexus...

Hi

Seems I am the oldest so far at 74 - a good head of hair and could lose a few pounds

MJM 444

59, hair OK-ish, did have a gut but it's going bit by bit. Have always wanted the luxury ride of a long car and liked the idea of someone else losing 40 to 60k on depreciation then passing it on to me. Had big saloons (Jags and 7 series) then thought I'd be eco friendly and get a GS300. Didn't like it, but got used to it and was about to replace it with a GS450H (which I really didn't like), then I saw the LS 430 on their forecourt and the first owner had lost 54k on it. With a 12 month Lexus warranty I couldn't go wrong (I hope). Am already thinking about changing next year for a preMar 2006 LS430. Fully intend pulling a big caravan with either this one or the next one when my motorbike infatuation wanes in a couple of years.

Mike

My first car was a mkI Golf and while my friends were figuring out how to make theirs louder, I tried to add as much sound-deadening material as possible ;)

Made me smile, 'cos I had a Mk 2 Golf and put sound-deading everywhere I could - even stuffed it into the cross-bracing in the interior and glued it into the spare wheel well.

Then I bought an LS400...

Hi im 44 just shaved off my mohekan still got hair, but a more respectable job called for it. I would have had to lower the seat aswell or i might have ended up with a multi coloured head linning. Bob Geldof put me on to the LS 400 as he owned one for ages.

I'm 27 got my hair

n838500290_5890075_2663.jpg

Got Wife and kid, no caravan yet but am planning on getting one and a tow bar next year after i've fitted an LPG kit :) I was 26 when i got the lexus, before that had a GTO Twin Turbo which i sold when we decided to start a family to get a volvo 850 estate, which i got bored of then decided to get a V8 and LPG it, had it over a year getting LPG'd next week :lol:

oh and i'm overweight so 1 out of 3 ain't bad :)

I always feel old and knackered but I am 34 with a bit less hair than the mane I had when I was 24 (maybe 14) But I love big cars. Never been a boy racer, when all my mates had XR2 and Nova GTE's I had a BMW 325i. Worked forever to addord it. Then BMW 525i, Merc S class and Jag Sovereign (but these were for a chauffeur business I had-kept the Jag when sold the business and only recently sold it. For nothing I admit. So left with the LS400 and a BMW 535i.

Big cars rule! and the new king is the LS!!!

Almost 59 now but 35 in my head. Most of my hair there just a spot on top going. Bought mine because my Saudi Boss had one in 1995, I was impressed.

Still am.

Not pulling just now, not even my partner!

I got an LPG converted VW T25 1987, so don't need a caravan.

Fix as much as I can myself.