Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My 2001 LS430 was in at Lexus Teesside today to get a ride height sensor swapped under warranty. They thought they had done a temprorary fix on Tuesday, but I said there was still a scraping noise on full lock. After investigation they discovered that 235 tyres had been fitted to the front, and lent me a car while they obtained two new 225 ones for the front. I assumed they'd get cheapo ones but they assured me that they will be quality items. So full marks to Lexus Teesside.

They have given me the old ride height sensor and I took pics of the new one, I'll post them on this forum and we can all have a think about whether we can do any regular maintenance that will protect these apparently delicate items.

Mike

They have fitted Toyo tyres - Are these any good?

Also - they have only done the front. Is it OK to run 225 on the front and 235 on the back?

Thanks

Mike

I'd say Toyo is just above the budget range. I've never had them myself so can't speak from experience.

Having 225 front and 235 rear is perfectly fine. Lots of cars have this.

they might wear fast but they'll give plenty of grip, not my first choice on a lexus TBH, once wore out a set of fronts on a seat cordoba in a staggering 2 weeks from brand new down to the cords....and it wasn't a cupra R it was a TDi a whole 90bhp...