Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Is200 With Merc Wheels

ormi

how good does this lex look with the merc wheels mmmmmmmmmmmm need to find me a set!!charger first then poss merc wheels.

heres some pics(its on piston heads)

13205011.jpg

13205012.jpg

i think it looks stunning.

think the boy was going for the vw look(euro look)letting people know they are from an other maker.vw boys have been doing this for years.

That does look awesome!! Original. With some L centres it would look neat.

I've always loved those rims and also love the smooth euro look.

What size are they and how about offset etc?

some floating L's would look cool, ( like Bentley)

I agree. Looking good - really good. One of the only mods I've seen to IS200 that give it individuality without having a Primark touch and making it look worse. If the hub centres come off, try filing/grinding away the Merc Logo, sanding/smoothing and then coating with oven-cleaner and warming in the oven (it smells a bit) to etch finish it. If that turns it black, just stick it in the dishwasher. Follow with a spray lacquer. If you have a spare one, experiment first.

Sorry, but I don't like it :( May just have well put dustbin lids on the wheels ;)

Me no likey either.... makes the car look minky..... dustbin lids would have looked better..... Hee Hee.

Col.. :winky:

didn't realise merc fitment was the same, I might look for a set or turbines for mine from the SLR

It's not the same, Merc is 5x112 whereas the Lexus is 5x114.5 - however it is possible to get adapters. I'm guessing you mean replicas? As I'm sure genuine SLR alloys are probably hard to come by and ridiculously expensive! :P

I actually prefer the first set of alloys, the closed design suits the IS more imho :)

would the PCD on those merc wheels on the blue lex not be 112? like most german fitment???

howd they get them to fit?

both of the 200's are running amg merc wheels mate you can buy hub converters that will change your car from 114.3 to 112.

didn't realise merc fitment was the same, I might look for a set or turbines for mine from the SLR

It's not the same, Merc is 5x112 whereas the Lexus is 5x114.5 - however it is possible to get adapters. I'm guessing you mean replicas? As I'm sure genuine SLR alloys are probably hard to come by and ridiculously expensive! :P

I actually prefer the first set of alloys, the closed design suits the IS more imho :)

yeh would have to get replicas then, so probably be able to find the correct fitment too if thats the case lol