Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Objects Of Desire - Tyre Valve-caps

• 1 month later...

I think we've all been there mate, I've had mine stolen several times and once off my own drive just like you. On another occasion when my car got towed, I went to collect to see all four were missing.

I blame the local kids and their need to put these on bikes. Caught two of them in the act once, I must say the parents were very apologetic and the kids got a good hiding from what I hear, lucky for them they were underage and didn't get my wrath :)

Sad but true :( had my Merc ones stolen about a month after getting the car.

Sadly in the world we live in cheap ones are the only solution....although I'm just glad they took the caps without damaging the car / letting down the tyres.....

Sadly in the world we live in cheap ones are the only solution....although I'm just glad they took the caps without damaging the car / letting down the tyres.....

I put on the spinning ones that need a key to take off.

Fingers crossed, but I haven't lost one in four years.

Had them on my IS200 for eight years and the IS250 for four years and haven't had one stolen yet. Just lucky I guess.

Had them on my IS200 for eight years and the IS250 for four years and haven't had one stolen yet. Just lucky I guess.

if you look around some wagons etc, you will find proper stainless steel ones and they polish up a treat. i am not condoning pinching them just borrowing them lmao

• 2 weeks later...
Its only a small thing, but my 4th set in 18 months stolen this week while my car on my own drive/parking space. What is so attractive about them - they don't even have Lexus on them?

Why dont you use a 10MM spanner to tighten them ? stops the kids nicking them, surley thats why thet are nut shaped.

Its only a small thing, but my 4th set in 18 months stolen this week while my car on my own drive/parking space. What is so attractive about them - they don't even have Lexus on them?

Why dont you use a 10MM spanner to tighten them ? stops the kids nicking them, surley thats why thet are nut shaped.

They were!!!

I had the anti-theft spinning valve caps on my LS460 for a while. Worst thing I ever did as they were metal and corroded onto the valve themselves. The key wouldn't undo them as it just broke when trying to loosen them.

The local tyre fitter spent a good 20 minutes removing them with mole grips - if they get stuck, you can't even let the air out of the tyres to allow you to change the tyre.

Since then I stick to plastic valve caps

I had the anti-theft spinning valve caps on my LS460 for a while. Worst thing I ever did as they were metal and corroded onto the valve themselves. The key wouldn't undo them as it just broke when trying to loosen them.

The local tyre fitter spent a good 20 minutes removing them with mole grips - if they get stuck, you can't even let the air out of the tyres to allow you to change the tyre.

Since then I stick to plastic valve caps

Sounds like you have tyre pressure monitoring and are not removing the caps for long periods.

I check mine manually once a week and have been using the same set for four years without any problems.

• 1 month later...

Just wondered what tyre pressures you boys have in the rears thanks

39 psi all round (according to my gauge that is) - supposed to be OK to 156 mph and seems a goodish compromise between car with just the driver and with 3 passengers.

I run 39 front and 36 rear - for comfort I drop both ends to 36 but it tends to wash out at the front so if I'm off on a decent trip on my own I prefer to sacrifice a bit to get better turn-in.

I run 39 front and 36 rear - for comfort I drop both ends to 36 but it tends to wash out at the front so if I'm off on a decent trip on my own I prefer to sacrifice a bit to get better turn-in.

Thanks For that, I had new rears fitted and wasnt quite sure what was best, Thanks again

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links