Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Bonnet Air Scoops

looking at putting duel air filters in when i put my turbo in and was thinking it might be good to put scoops above the air filters so.......

do you have them?

what type and any pics

was looking at this but the scoops are to far to the middle. need them more towards the corner

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EVO-6-MK2-STYLE-BONN...=item518dd61fea

looking at putting duel air filters in when i put my turbo in and was thinking it might be good to put scoops above the air filters so.......

do you have them?

what type and any pics

was looking at this but the scoops are to far to the middle. need them more towards the corner

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/EVO-6-MK2-STYLE-BONN...=item518dd61fea

i wouldnt put them above the filters!!heavy rain and filters dont mix also that vent looks well bad!!why don't you feed them cold air from the bumper(vent at the side of the fog lights??)see pic.

371373403.jpg

371373688.jpg

its just i dont think the lex would suit that look and to make it look right you would have to fit a huge body kit,you can get thermal jackets for the turbo's which would help a lot along with thermal wrapping of the manifold and down pipe that should lower the engine bay temps a bit.

was also to get rid of the heat from the turbo. but i like your thinking. does look a lot nicer that way
its just i dont think the lex would suit that look and to make it look right you would have to fit a huge body kit,you can get thermal jackets for the turbo's which would help a lot along with thermal wrapping of the manifold and down pipe that should lower the engine bay temps a bit.

Agree with Ormi,

your best keeping most heat in with the tubbie.

good manifold wrapping and a decent turbo blanket