Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

I think the satnav disk in my 2001 LS430 is the original one. So a couple of questions - do the update disks change any features of the interface - which looks pretty dated compared to an IS250 I was in on Friday. And secondly do people think that a new one is about to be launched, as the latest one I can find on the websites seems to be 2008. It would be annoying to fork out a couple of hundred quid then find a new one is put out in say Jan 2010

Mike

I think the satnav disk in my 2001 LS430 is the original one. So a couple of questions - do the update disks change any features of the interface - which looks pretty dated compared to an IS250 I was in on Friday. And secondly do people think that a new one is about to be launched, as the latest one I can find on the websites seems to be 2008. It would be annoying to fork out a couple of hundred quid then find a new one is put out in say Jan 2010

Mike

I've put a new one in my 250 three weeks ago and it's version 1 of 2009/2010 so doubt they're bringing out a newer one than that. Go to http://lexus-mapupdates.eu/GetFlex.aspx?SW...&LANG_ID=En

I've also got the full European set 2007/2008. If anyone wants to part with £80.00 for the set then drop me a PM.

Mike

features/interface is exactly the same just the routes / poi etc are more up to date. i updated a 2002 ls430 disc to a 2007 and also a 2003 ls430 mk2 to a 2009 disc everything stayed the same just more up to date

new discs seem to come out every18-24 months

make sure you get the exact serial number of your existing disc when ordering a new one as different ls's have different types of discs. i only know this cos when i sold my 2002ls i took the 2007 updated disc out and assumed it would work in my new 2004 ls but all i got was a " disc not compatible" message

hope that helps

Mike

features/interface is exactly the same just the routes / poi etc are more up to date. i updated a 2002 ls430 disc to a 2007 and also a 2003 ls430 mk2 to a 2009 disc everything stayed the same just more up to date

make sure you get the exact serial number of your existing disc when ordering a new one as different ls's have different types of discs. i only know this cos when i sold my 2002ls i took the 2007 updated disc out and assumed it would work in my new 2004 ls but all i got was a " disc not compatible" message

hope that helps

Andy - I think I might have bought your old car (dark red with 75k on the clock). If so I wouldn't mind the 2007 disk if you've still got it. I'm in Castle eden (the Old Brewery) why don't you call in and I'll buy you a coffee if you are passing.

Mike

Mike

hope that helps

Andy - I think I might have bought your old car (dark red with 75k on the clock). If so I wouldn't mind the 2007 disk if you've still got it. I'm in Castle eden (the Old Brewery) why don't you call in and I'll buy you a coffee if you are passing.

Mike

not my car mike, mine was amberley gold 62000 and i part exed it in norwich, the home of lexii and alan partridge!

think i still have the old disc kicking about, but have just been in hospital so am grounded for a bit. i could post it on to you though

Mike

hope that helps

Mike

not my car mike, mine was amberley gold 62000 and i part exed it in norwich, the home of lexii and alan partridge!

think i still have the old disc kicking about, but have just been in hospital so am grounded for a bit. i could post it on to you though

Cheers Andy - I'll PM you

Mike

hmmmm ... it didn't seem to like your disk Andy. It said it was checking it but when the screen came up there were no roads or towns or anything actually. If anyone can suggest a way of perhaps initialising the disk, I'll give it a go. Otherwise I'll drop this disk off for you, and maybe order one from the navteq website.

Thanks for the effort though.

Regards

Mike

By the way ...... Does anyone else find it totally weird how the placenames on the map are displayed. For instance if I'm looking at a map of north east England there is the village of Fryup (population about 20) written in letters a mile high and no place names for Stockton Middlesbrough darlington etc. As it hoppens I know my way round the north east quite well, but it was totally confusing last week down at my daughters where the tiny villages were displayed but I had no idea where Letchworth, or Hitchin was.

...... Oh Yeah and I don't suppose there's an option to allow typing via a qwerty virtual keyboard rather than the Ato Z one?

Mike

• 3 years later...

I have recently bought an IS250, where on earth does the sat nav disc go? My old Beemer had a separate slot for it, or am I blind and as usual missing the obvious?

I have recently bought an IS250, where on earth does the sat nav disc go? My old Beemer had a separate slot for it, or am I blind and as usual missing the obvious?

Not sure where it is in an IS (this is the LS part of the forum) but there is a DVD unit in the boot under the RHS carpet in and LS430.

Bren

hmmmm ... it didn't seem to like your disk Andy. It said it was checking it but when the screen came up there were no roads or towns or anything actually. If anyone can suggest a way of perhaps initialising the disk, I'll give it a go. Otherwise I'll drop this disk off for you, and maybe order one from the navteq website.

Thanks for the effort though.

Regards

Mike

Hi Mike

I note you have a 2001 and Andy a 2004 so your systems are different and the disks incompatible. Check this out http://www.lexus-mapupdates.eu/Shop/Index You pobably have a Gen 1 systems (like mine) and Andy a Gen 3.

Bren