Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

hmmm. same as mine. bar the wheels and tow bar. how many miles has it done. welcome to the club mate,

ure not too far a way either :-) thats 1 of only two others ive seen in that colour on here.

hmmm. same as mine. bar the wheels and tow bar. how many miles has it done. welcome to the club mate,

ure not too far a way either :-) thats 1 of only two others ive seen in that colour on here.

Cheers, the tow bar is comin off soon.. Not the best look is it? The bodywork is mint for the age, though i suspect it has had some work done, some parts are lighter shade than others but cant complain, never paid that much for it really.. It has 85k on the clock. Full Lexus to 56k then independent garages thereafter.. Only had it a week but all seems well. Put some Zenons on which looks a lot more modern but other than that its a standard spec.

p.s, stupid question maybe but when adding a comment i.e as you have done, do i 'add reply', 'fast reply', or quote. I seem to be getting your message back with my reply.. Sorry for the stupid question but first time using these forums etc.

Car looks nice, good to have another Sport owner on here. I have only ever seen that colour in pictures, never spotted one, which i think's a good thing. Im a fellow owner of a 97 mk1 Sport :)

Just click fast reply, "quote" will contain the previous posters message. Use "add reply" if you want a full list of options.

P.S shame on the previous owner that ditched the TTE wheels :(

Only thing about the Gold is it does look dated... Not many sports out there at present at the price i was willing to pay so beggers cant be chooses i'm afraid. Saying that i am happy with it, its a lotta car for trhe money but you are right, the other wheels would have been nice.. Cheers for the link by the way, much appreciated.

i wouldnt worry about the colour mismatch mate, ours is the same, the lower half of the car is lighter than the top, and the car has never had any paintwork. have u got pics of the xenon's mate, as i am also thinking of getting them? what temp colour did u get?

ours has just dun 80k on a p plate and full lex history. what did u pay for ures if u dont mind me asking. and ive got two sets of the original alloys. haha. cheers

Anuj

Oh i like the gold, dont think it looks dated at all. If anything it aids in the look of it being a grown up and an upmarket car. Has a bit of an American look to it too. One reason i have my GS is that i love Japanese cars but love driving big auto's in the states. So the best of both worlds.

Do you have the "sport" decals in the rear qaurter glass windows and on the font bumper? If not, a member on here, "Sorted VTi will be able to make some for you. I replaced mine with gold ones.

The car was up for £1995 but got it for £1750. No spare wheel and new but very cheap tyres on it.. The engine is very quiet and a really smooth drive. I bought the car coz i wanted somethin for a few years while saving for somethin else. Not sure what yet but could only afford a few grand so wanted as much for my money as poss... Very happy with it up to now though and think i could get used to the big cars.. Got rid of my02 wrx bugeye a few years ago and had company cars since.. Just fancied somethin of my own.

Xenon kit from eBay.. Probably not the best but they look 100 times better than standard... had to order better side lights though as the free ones that come with these were too blue.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Xenon-Upgrade-bulb-k...=item53d37d4f4f

p.s sorry for the life story....

Nice motor B)

I can't see the eBay link from work so can't see if they are upgraded normal bulbs, or a full on hid kit. I would go for a hid kit if it isn't a hid kit you bought, I have one on mine and the improvement is amazing. I bought the 6000k set for mine. I had the "white xenon" bulbs on mine before, and although an improvement on halogens, they are no match for the hids.

Yeh its just bulbs for now, quick fix i suppose. Not really got the money to spend out on a kit yet. Did you get the kit from ebay or somewhere else, and how easy was it to fit?

Got it from eBay and very simple to fit. Albeit that the connector wires were the wrong way round (seems common with the lexus wiring for some reason).

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links