Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Basic IS wheel size guide

brn7y

Just fitted some 18" wheels to my Altezza (ie IS200) and thought I would share the results.

Wheels 18", PCD = 114.3mm, Offset = 30mm

Tyres f/r =225/40/18

The results - quite a bit of scraping at the rear from the tyre against the inside of the guard lip at the top. The front tyre scrapes against the vented guard inner in front of the tyre too.

What next? Not too sure... Pic to follow :)

what width were the wheels ?

Just fitted some 18" wheels to my Altezza (ie IS200) and thought I would share the results.

Wheels 18", PCD = 114.3mm, Offset = 30mm

Tyres f/r =225/40/18

The results - quite a bit of scraping at the rear from the tyre against the inside of the guard lip at the top. The front tyre scrapes against the vented guard inner in front of the tyre too.

What next? Not too sure... Pic to follow :)

i think for a 18" the offsets should be between 40~45

depends on the width !

• 7 months later...

Sorry to be a pain, I've no idea about offsets etc from the set of data in this post and would be guessing, so just want to check to make sure. Can someone in the know tell me if the following will fit on my 2001 Is200 that has been lowered 40mm?

Alloys

Cheers in anticipation

Here's a description of what is meant by offset which may help a bit ...

http://www.lexusownersclub.co.uk/forum/index.php?showtopic=11821

I've got 8x18 wheels on my IS200 with 40mm offset and 225/40 tyres with no problems.

Lowered a bit on coilovers but not down mega low trying to make tyres disappear into arches.

TG

Thanks for that, I've worked out with the larger rims and smaller tyres the new wheels will only be 8.5mm bigger in diameter but it was the width i was worried most about and as yours are the same offset i think they be fine and not cause any problems. The calculator said i'm ok on the inner but need extra 8mm outer which i have so wont need the arches rolled i guess

• 3 weeks later...

Here are some basic wheel tyre combinations that can fit, if you have any more post them below.

PCD = 114.3mm Offset = 50mm

Standard Rim f/r = 17"x7"

Standard Tyre f/r = 215/45-17

(A -40mm drop is possible with this combination)

18" upgrade f/r =18"x7 1/2"

18" upgrade f/r =225/40/18

18" upgrade f/r =18"x8"

18" upgrade r =18"x8.5"

18" upgrade r =255/35-18

(A -30mm drop is possible with these combinations, however minor arch rolling is needed with the 255/35 combination)

19" upgrade f/r =19"x8"

19" upgrade f/r = 235/35-19

(A -25mm drop is possible with these combinations)

With 19's don't run any rim bigger than 8" on the front as it will hit the strut.19's will rub on the front inner arch at full lock, but this can be solved by cutting or bending away some of the plastic trim.

:rolleyes: Of course for the nutter out there even a -60mm drop is possible with 19's.....................you know who you are!!!!:P

offset.gif

18" x 8" Offset 43 225/40/18 40mm drop fits without spacers or arch rolling in my recent experience

• 5 months later...

Here are some basic wheel tyre combinations that can fit, if you have any more post them below.

18" upgrade f/r =18"x8"

18" upgrade r =18"x8.5"

18" upgrade r =255/35-18

(A -30mm drop is possible with these combinations, however minor arch rolling is needed with the 255/35 combination)

19" upgrade f/r =19"x8"

With 19's don't run any rim bigger than 8" on the front as it will hit the strut.19's will rub on the front inner arch at full lock, but this can be solved by cutting or bending away some of the plastic trim.

:rolleyes: Of course for the nutter out there even a -60mm drop is possible with 19's.....................you know who you are!!!!:P

• 2 months later...

Evening all, long time since I've been around these parts, but here I am again asking questions.

My IS200's OEM 17" wheels are looking increasingly pitted and...well...crap, so I'm mulling over putting winter tyres on them and buying a new set for summer use. I'm not looking to increase to 18's or anything like that since the roads over here are bumpy enough on 17's. That said, I've seen some conflicting stuff online about what offsets I can use on 17" wheels. I know OEM is +50 and 7" wide, but I've seen at least one website claiming that 7.5" width with 40 offset will work. Any thoughts on this? It seems counter to Monster Mat's excellent table above. My car is not lowered, and if anything seems to ride a little higher than stock, especially at the rears.

To be honest, I'm a bit bamboozled by all of this, since in my mind a lower offset means I'm less likely to foul the struts, no? In my car at least, there's no danger of rubbing the arches.

Thanks for any advice.

• 3 months later...

Hey

I am looking for wheels for my is 200 2000'

and I want 18 x 8.5 in front and 18 x 9.5 in rear...is this possible with a lowered car...not sure how low it is..

what offset should I have and what tire size do u recommend?

• 5 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Not one to post noobish questions, but given what appears to be a mindfield with wheels and the IS200. I'm looking at a set of 18's 8.5 and a 30mm offset. How much doodoo am I potentialy going to be in with arch work?

• 2 months later...

hi m8 would these sizes fit my is200 standard suspenion thanks

2 X 8.5 X 18" 5X114 ALLOY WHEELS ( FRONT )

2 X 9.5 X 18" 5X114 ALLOY WHEELS ( REAR )

TYRE SIZE 235/40 18 ( FRONT )

TYRE SIZE 265/35 18 ( REAR )

• 3 months later...

Hey everybody!

Im looking some new rims (17'') for my lexus. I dont have any good website where to get nice looking rims from europe. Not the most expensive ones... Thinking leaving the lexus factory rims for winter and buy lip wheels for summer!

Thanks!

• 7 months later...

Advice plz lol.. Picked up IS200 this week, currently on 225/40 18s, no idea what the wheels are. Dilemma being one of the front shocks is up the spout. I've got a koni sport suspension kit on order and are due to arrive mid next week. What mods am I gonna have to do?

Thanks the lexus noob

• 7 months later...

bump this topic,

with regards to the information of speific sizes and offsets, have they been the same throughout generations of is250's ? got an 11 plate and im looking at putting 19x9.5s on front and back

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Ive just put 18" 8.75 et20 fronts running 205/40/18 tyres and dont scrub the arch with around a 50mm drop and 18" 9.75 et20 with 225/40/18 on the rears same drop and had to roll and flair the arches a little bit of cutting and 3.25 degrees negative camber ( maxed standard adjustments) so they dont rub, dont know if this helps any1 thats wondering how wide they can go.

Cheers

Dom

• 2 weeks later...

I just baught a lexus is 200 04mod. :D

Thaught i would get some new summer alloys, so i was wondering if i could fit 19x8 ET40 in the front and 19x95 ET40 in the back.

The car is dropped 35mm on vogtland springs.

a link for the alloys
http://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_snetterton.php

sorry for the bad english :)

thx for any answers :)

• 8 months later...

18" upgrade f/r =18"x8"

18" upgrade r =18"x8.5"

18" upgrade r =255/35-18

19" upgrade f/r =19"x8"

rolleyes.gif Of course for the nutter out there even a -60mm drop is possible with 19's.....................you know who you are!!!!tongue.gif

offset.gif

cheers mate some good tips there

Thaught i would get some new summer alloys, so i was wondering if i could fit 19x8 ET40 in the front and 19x95 ET40 in the back.

a link for the alloys

Did you manage to find the right alloys you were looking for? I am shopping for alloys for my car at the moment.

a link for the alloys

Your english is fine :)

a link for the alloys

Did you manage to find the right alloys you were looking for? I am shopping for alloys for my car at the moment.

No. Tried some alloys with the same dimensions and they were to wide. So i have to find some camber arms or something

• 2 weeks later...

Morning folks,

I just my first Lexus this summer, 2006 is220d. Now with winter approaching fast and living in Scotland my thoughts turned to winter tyres. At the moment I am running the standard 225/45/17 front and 245/45/17 rear. I have read the narrower tyres supposedly work better in the snow so the question is can I fit narrower wheels to this car? A bit of scouting around and I appear to find that a 205/55/16 wheel will fit. Is this correct? Failing this I guess I can just for 225/45/17 all round.

Thanks for any suggestions