Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Sat Nav Disc

Rikster

Hi all, ive just upgraded my Satnav disc from the ones that was in the car from new, ( IS 250 SE-L 2006 ), to the latest 09-10 disc, which allows me to input while in motion.

With the old discs, i had Satnav coverage of Europe, now ive installed the new disc, i have only got coverage of the UK !!

The Lexus dealership that done my service, and upgraded the Satnav, told me the new disc had a lot more information on it, and so was a single disc, but only covered the UK, where as the old version was four discs, covering different parts of europe.

Surely if its an upgrade, it should upgrade all the discs, and not leave me with less coverage ?

Hi all, ive just upgraded my Satnav disc from the ones that was in the car from new, ( IS 250 SE-L 2006 ), to the latest 09-10 disc, which allows me to input while in motion.

With the old discs, i had Satnav coverage of Europe, now ive installed the new disc, i have only got coverage of the UK !!

The Lexus dealership that done my service, and upgraded the Satnav, told me the new disc had a lot more information on it, and so was a single disc, but only covered the UK, where as the old version was four discs, covering different parts of europe.

Surely if its an upgrade, it should upgrade all the discs, and not leave me with less coverage ?

The upgrade discs for 2009/2010 are a set of four and you should have been given them all. I have them all and they cover East, North, Central and West Europe. The UK info is on West Europe. How much did the stealership charge you?

Hello Tango, i had the disc supplied and fitted at Woodford Lexus. The women whom covers the booking in and dealing with the service side of things said there was just the one disc. I was charged... £145-57 plus vat.

I have since checked the coverage, and i get France, Spain, Italy ,Luxembourg and Germany, think it covered Finland, definatley no coverage for any countries further east than Germany.

I didnt check the coverage before, due to being in a rush, and being told i would only have coverage of the UK, by the women dealing with services.

Ive since been told by Lexus Woodford, that when i reach the extent of my SatNav coverage, being Poland, i must stop, remove the disc from behind the unit, and put in the disc for that area of the world !!!

Surely this cant be right, i brought what i thought was an upgrade, it would seem that the technology has taken a step backwards, having to dismantle part of my dashboard, to gain acess to the Satnav disc changer, so i can continue my journey ?

Somehow this doesnt seem right to me, has anyone else having these problems, or found this to be true ?

My previous coverage using the disc`s that was originally supplied, was the whole of Europe.

• 8 months later...

Ive since been told by Lexus Woodford, that when i reach the extent of my SatNav coverage, being Poland, i must stop, remove the disc from behind the unit, and put in the disc for that area of the world !!!

Surely this cant be right, i brought what i thought was an upgrade, it would seem that the technology has taken a step backwards, having to dismantle part of my dashboard, to gain acess to the Satnav disc changer, so i can continue my journey ?

Somehow this doesnt seem right to me, has anyone else having these problems, or found this to be true ?

My previous coverage using the disc`s that was originally supplied, was the whole of Europe.

Not so sure on that mate. I've got the first one (2005) and even that has the number "1" on the front - and only covers western europe. As far as I know, they've always come in sets of four.

However, if they've charged you that much, you should have all 4 DVD's (western, central, eastern and northern)

It's a €159 on lexus-mapupdates.eu so the price seems to be ok, but if there's 4 discs you should have received them all. Have a look at that site and see if the coverage map matches your disc - if not go back and ask for the lot. Not sure who you've dealt with, was it Catherine? She's normally pretty good but if you're getting any trouble speak to James and he'll sort you out.

EDIT: just noticed how old this thread is, assuming you already got this sorted?

It's a €159 on lexus-mapupdates.eu so the price seems to be ok, but if there's 4 discs you should have received them all. Have a look at that site and see if the coverage map matches your disc - if not go back and ask for the lot. Not sure who you've dealt with, was it Catherine? She's normally pretty good but if you're getting any trouble speak to James and he'll sort you out.

EDIT: just noticed how old this thread is, assuming you already got this sorted?

Doh. note to self: read date on threads :whistling: Soz

• 1 month later...

Doh. note to self: read date on threads :whistling: Soz

I tried this website as I am looking to upgrade by 2006 discs but the site is greyed out and does not work. Any ideas why? Where can I get (the full set) of SatNav cd's ?? many thanks