Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gmax 40mm Lowering Springs

OEMskool

Hi guys,

Been looking at my lowering options, and was initially heading down the TTE/Eibach route, but they're not going to give me the drop I want. Seen the GMAX offering which lowers 40mm all round - still won't be low enough but it's more like it.

I don't expect the GMAX jobs will give as nice a ride as the TTE stuff, but has anybody actually tried them on their own car? Seen two reviews so far, one was good, the other wasn't happy with the ride.

The plan at the moment is run the car 40mm lower until I've made my wheel choice, then get the stance properly nailed with a set of coilovers in 3-4 months time (plans subject to change daily at the moment :lol:)

Cheers!

I thought it's not normally recommended to drop too far on just springs, but not sure whether 40mm constitutes too much or not.

If you're going to go for coilovers soon anyway, why not save the cash and just go straight for them when you're ready? :)

Good point, but I'm completely impatient, and hate having a standard ride height car! :lol:

I've had a cars dropped 40mm, 50mm and 60mm on springs and shocks, 40mm seems to be the limit on decent standard shocks before you end up with no damper travel, and a harsh crashy ride. Be interested to hear if this is true for the IS200.

40mm is the max you can drop on the standard shocks but i had the 40mm springs and i would say they are waste of money. they are crap mate. if i could go back and change stuff would have gone for the TTE springs but like you said if your going to buy coilovers might aswell wait. theres no point changing springs.

i think the group buy for janspeed ones are still on. if you check out the group buy section it might be there

• 3 weeks later...

I'm in the same boat as OEMskool, not sure which of these springs to go for!

As ive currently got the highest setup possible (standard 2000 se) :lol: i would prefer the greater drop, but to be honest the ride quality is more important to me.

Any more experiences with either of these?

Also does anybody know where to get the TTE springs as i rang Lexus Teesside the other day and they don't supply them :crybaby:

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links