Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Thought I'd Say Hello

sd1v8driver

I needed a replacement car to ferry me back and for to work (bad timing financially, christmas coming up, work cutting out everyones overtime... etc). Had to fufill three requirements

1. Reasonably big engine

2. REAR wheel drive (absolute must, my old 2.5 v6 Galant was quick but the front wheels would spin at the mention of throttle)

3. Had to be cheap to buy (as I say Xmas and all that)

The main problem is I don't like B.M.Ws (driven a few when I worked in a garage and they are just not me) and didn't really fancy a Merc, this causes a few problems when you consider almost no-one makes rear wheel drives anymore (front wheel is cheaper to make). I looked at a few things when a mate recomended an LS400 as being my sort of thing... Bit of looking around and I've ended up with a nice Toyota Celsior with a Lexus badge stuck on the back rofl.gif

All in all I'm very pleased with it (it's got a few minor faults but it is a '91 after all). I'm sure I will end up picking a few brains here sooner or later but for now I thought I'd say hello.

I needed a replacement car to ferry me back and for to work (bad timing financially, christmas coming up, work cutting out everyones overtime... etc). Had to fufill three requirements

1. Reasonably big engine

2. REAR wheel drive (absolute must, my old 2.5 v6 Galant was quick but the front wheels would spin at the mention of throttle)

3. Had to be cheap to buy (as I say Xmas and all that)

The main problem is I don't like B.M.Ws (driven a few when I worked in a garage and they are just not me) and didn't really fancy a Merc, this causes a few problems when you consider almost no-one makes rear wheel drives anymore (front wheel is cheaper to make). I looked at a few things when a mate recomended an LS400 as being my sort of thing... Bit of looking around and I've ended up with a nice Toyota Celsior with a Lexus badge stuck on the back rofl.gif

All in all I'm very pleased with it (it's got a few minor faults but it is a '91 after all). I'm sure I will end up picking a few brains here sooner or later but for now I thought I'd say hello.

Welcome, bags of help on here and on the USA club

Hello and welcome,

I too have a 1994 Toyota Celsior and in nearly four years of ownership have had no problems at all with it.

You will find some minor specification differences from the LS400 but if you have any questions I am glad to help.

Thanks for the warm greetings folks,I think got quite lucky with the car to be honest...Cost me a meer 400 beer tokens (it's on a private plate I'm told is worth around £300).It's recently had a timing belt (got receipt and sticker fitted), brand new Battery and decent tyres. It was missing a cd magazine but eBay sorted that for less than £20. I've been viewing the forum for a few days and today discovered the cds go in upside down :duh: ... I have to say I'm VERY impressed with the sound quality! It would be nice to hear a different radio station to Radio Two though (especally after Terry Wogan leaves :sad: ) anyne got any good tips on expanding the radios frequency range?

I've been deciding what to do with the badges as a previous owner has fitted (badly) Lexus badges on the back and left the toyota badges on the front (also got them on the wheels,steering wheel etc) and have decided to refit the standard Celsior badges if for no other reason than to tidy it up a bit. Its done nothing but rain since I bought it so the only pic I have is off eBay

BcWEtLQBGkKGrHqUOKjcEq5cuI23BK0Iuno.jpg

You will find some minor specification differences from the LS400 but if you have any questions I am glad to help.

You may regret saying that once I get started asking Steve :devil:

One thing I will ask (though I think I already know the answer) did they ever fit a Manual 'box to a Celsior/LS400?