Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New To Here, Need Help.

:winky: hi everybody, I am new to here, and its my first time to drive a lexus.

The warranty of my 56-reg is220d will run out in one week. It costs 680quids to extend one year warranty. worth it? There were some people spend more than 500pounds of replacement of VGR value etc.. Any advice?

I just bought this car few days ago. How many recalls on is220d? How can I know the last owner have done it?

Searched lots of topics, people mention get out of 6th gear under 80MPH? why? its ok when I driving it around 70MPH on motoway.

BTW, i based manchester, anyone knows service price? how long u guys top up engine oil and model of it.

Regards

Hi NaOH, welcome to LOC.

Sorry I can't answer any questions on the 220d as I have a 250 Auto, someone will come along and help you I'm sure. As you have only had the car for a few days I would say take out the one year warranty if you can afford it.

You don't know anything about the car's history, it may have run like a dream for the past three years or it may have been in and out of the dealers. There are wide ranging opinions on the forum going from dispair to elation regarding the 220d and many issues have been discussed.

:winky: hi everybody, I am new to here, and its my first time to drive a lexus.

The warranty of my 56-reg is220d will run out in one week. It costs 680quids to extend one year warranty. worth it? There were some people spend more than 500pounds of replacement of VGR value etc.. Any advice?

I just bought this car few days ago. How many recalls on is220d? How can I know the last owner have done it?

Searched lots of topics, people mention get out of 6th gear under 80MPH? why? its ok when I driving it around 70MPH on motoway.

BTW, i based manchester, anyone knows service price? how long u guys top up engine oil and model of it.

Regards

As stated you dont know what the caar has been through already so if you can afford it i think the warranty is worth it

there are a few recalls on the 220d the best way to find out if you need anything done is phone your local Lexus dealer and they can tell you over the phone if its had them all or if it needs anymore done

cant help you with the manchester service thing and as for oil i may get slated but i use Halfords own oil as long as its the right grade for the car i can see there being a problem and its a fair bit cheaper

Hope you enjoy the car

my old 220d used to drink oil, the light came on about 7k after the service, in the end it got that bad i was supposed to take it in every 1k so they could monitor at whatn stage it was using the most oil, i couldnt be bothered with that as well as the other issues i suffered with the car so i got rid.

mine was a 56 plate black 220d with a private plate, hope you didnt get mine?

I follow a general rule. Every modern diesel is waaaaay toooooo complicated! EGR, DPF, MAF, Turbo seals, injectors etc - just too much to go wrong. In a Lexus IS220d you expect reliability, but to be honest there are only a few cars that have not (edit) been very reliable.

Mine was one - 2007 IS220D SE with MM - the car didn't really have any problems. If you want to enjoy an exec diesel buy one. But. Buy a manufacturer warranty to go with it for as long as you own it, and make sure it has 6 months to run when you sell it too.

I think over the next couple of years all these 2nd hand "modern" diesels will start having issues that are expensive to repair. Simple pimple. They are too complicated in order to meet euro emissions standards, so good luck!!

Which is why I am changing my cars before manufacturer warranty runs out. Having said this, my current car is oing vry very well. Settled to averag MPG day in and day out now of 46.5mpg, average since Purchased = 47.4mpg (doing less long journeys now). But I have to take it out every so often on a proper run to clean the DPF - that is key. It will only regenerate when it gets hot, which is why the IS220d revs to 1250 RPM when cold. It wants to warm up quickly to make it run more efficiently.

My next car ill not be a diesel as I don't do the miles and I am looking forward to the G3 IS which hopefully will be a Hybrid. We have just bought a Prius T4 hybrid (new model) last week. I am getting use to it, but it superb. Just rattles a lot! Horrible dash. Haven't driven it much because of weather.

my old 220d used to drink oil, the light came on about 7k after the service, in the end it got that bad i was supposed to take it in every 1k so they could monitor at whatn stage it was using the most oil, i couldnt be bothered with that as well as the other issues i suffered with the car so i got rid.

mine was a 56 plate black 220d with a private plate, hope you didnt get mine?

Mine is 56reg as well, but silver. I will check my oil tmr.

I follow a general rule. Every modern diesel is waaaaay toooooo complicated! EGR, DPF, MAF, Turbo seals, injectors etc - just too much to go wrong. In a Lexus IS220d you expect reliability, but to be honest there are only a few cars that have not (edit) been very reliable.

Mine was one - 2007 IS220D SE with MM - the car didn't really have any problems. If you want to enjoy an exec diesel buy one. But. Buy a manufacturer warranty to go with it for as long as you own it, and make sure it has 6 months to run when you sell it too.

I think over the next couple of years all these 2nd hand "modern" diesels will start having issues that are expensive to repair. Simple pimple. They are too complicated in order to meet euro emissions standards, so good luck!!

Which is why I am changing my cars before manufacturer warranty runs out. Having said this, my current car is oing vry very well. Settled to averag MPG day in and day out now of 46.5mpg, average since Purchased = 47.4mpg (doing less long journeys now). But I have to take it out every so often on a proper run to clean the DPF - that is key. It will only regenerate when it gets hot, which is why the IS220d revs to 1250 RPM when cold. It wants to warm up quickly to make it run more efficiently.

My next car ill not be a diesel as I don't do the miles and I am looking forward to the G3 IS which hopefully will be a Hybrid. We have just bought a Prius T4 hybrid (new model) last week. I am getting use to it, but it superb. Just rattles a lot! Horrible dash. Haven't driven it much because of weather.

thanks for your advice, gunther.

Any Extended warranty should be purchased before original 3 years warranty run out? mine will end next week

Any Extended warranty should be purchased before original 3 years warranty run out? mine will end next week

YES - do it now. You have two choices:

Lexus - will be best, but this will be expensive! But. Probably worth it!

After market - such as WHAT CAR? or WARRANTY DIRECT - both will be cheaper, an I think people on other forums do buy these and say they are OK - but personally I would go with Lexus! You buy an expensive car, so there's no point skimping on peace of mind. Jst make sur you ask them what it DOESN'T Cover

After market - such as WHAT CAR? or WARRANTY DIRECT - both will be cheaper, an I think people on other forums do buy these and say they are OK - but personally I would go with Lexus! You buy an expensive car, so there's no point skimping on peace of mind. Jst make sur you ask them what it DOESN'T Cover

Very thanksful

Just check my V5 logo book, warranty has run out today. Do not any chance to extend it.

Its only cost 210pounds per year from Warranty Direct. ^^

Very thanksful

Just check my V5 logo book, warranty has run out today. Do not any chance to extend it.

The manufacturer warranty on my Lexus 220d SE-L ran out 31 Dec 2008 but they let me buy an extended Lexus warranty 3 month later at the end of March! At that time they were also doing a special deal, 15 months for the price of 12, so £680 for 15 months which is good. So it may be worth contacting the Lexus warranty people or your dealer to ask if you can still get an extended warranty - and if there are any offers!

Very thanksful

The manufacturer warranty on my Lexus 220d SE-L ran out 31 Dec 2008 but they let me buy an extended Lexus warranty 3 month later at the end of March! At that time they were also doing a special deal, 15 months for the price of 12, so £680 for 15 months which is good. So it may be worth contacting the Lexus warranty people or your dealer to ask if you can still get an extended warranty - and if there are any offers!

thanks mick77

and which Lexus centre u bought from.please

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links