Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Kit

kam05

Well I must be one of the last people with a IS200 to finally get a HID kit for my car.

I bought a 6000k HID kit off eBay for £56 (from a UK seller- I'd rather pay a bit more for a UK sourced kit, I didn't want to ship faulty items back to China/Hong Kong for replacements). I bought the kit on Monday and it was delivered the next day- free P&P as well! I installed the kit last night.

I am happy with the kit I have bought as the ballasts are tiny- they are the size of a credit card and they have the same thickness of a lighter.

A ballast from the kit I bought:

DSC00246.jpg

As you can see, the ballast is the same size as my Capital One credit card.

Can you tell which headlight has a HID bulb in and which one doesn't?

DSC00249.jpg

6000k's HID's installed in both headlights:

DSC00252.jpg

Kam

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow!! They look amazing!!! Ive resisted buying them because i have never been too sure with the Ebay kits.

How easy was it to instal these and are they better when driving at night???

Thanks!!!

Hi mate- easy to fit, took me 30 mins to fit the kit- the hardest part is probably deciding where to mount the ballasts. I'd recommend the kit that I have bought- the slim ballasts makes finding somewhere to mount them a lot easier and also the seller is based in the UK, so if there is a problem, shipping faulty parts shouldn't cost much.

Apparanty, (just read on another forum), that the HID kits sold by this seller are made in Japan?

Night driving a lot better now with HIDs.

Could you post a pic of where you mounted the box for the HID's please!!!

Think i will be ordering a set of these at the weekend! Thanks people!

Will take some pics and post them up.

OK, some pics of where I have mounted the ballasts.

Drivers side:

DSC00260.jpg

Passengers side: (the ballast for this side is a bit harder to do, as there isn't much room, so smaller ballasts have worked to my advantage here)

DSC00261.jpg

Hope this helps.

Hi i was going to buy a HID kit today thinking 6000k but had a couple of questions first if i wanted the hid kit on both running lights and main beam do i have to buy two kits does anyone have this on here? and also which bulb set do i need for is200 and do i need one of the kits that work with warning light system canbus compatible thanks again.

Just order the same kit as you Kam!

Hope it all arrives ok!

Cant wait to get these fitted!

Nice one Matt.

You won't disappointed with this kit. Have you ordered some velcro strips as well to attach the ballasts to the bodywork?

Ok cool I think i should be able to get something similar to tide me over till i can actually get some of that!

Just ordered these to go in the full beam...

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/HB3-9005-...bulbs-pair.html

Hopefully they should match quite nicely....now just got to get some new fogs!!!

Ok cool I think i should be able to get something similar to tide me over till i can actually get some of that!

Just ordered these to go in the full beam...

http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/HB3-9005-...bulbs-pair.html

Hopefully they should match quite nicely....now just got to get some new fogs!!!

I bought the same as well, only from eBay for £8.

Hi guys,

got the kit in front of me but struggling to get light....

I've plugged in as instructed and nothing is happenng....ding dong....

Is there any hint or things I need to check???

We have check both sets and no light, tried orig bulb again and lights up. I'm not using auto light setting. Please help asap as I am fitting these as we speak!!!

Please help....

Matt

I know I've heard this before, and something needs to be connected the other way round but can't remember what it is. Basically some kits have the power coming in the wrong way so need to be connected opposite to what's stated.

Yes.

Usually plugging the wiring from the ballast into the car headlamp plug the other (wrong) way round sorts it out.

TG

I know I've heard this before, and something needs to be connected the other way round but can't remember what it is. Basically some kits have the power coming in the wrong way so need to be connected opposite to what's stated.