Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Kit

kam05

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just been out for a drive and they are amazing def worth every penny!!! My only concern is dazzling other road users now!!! Hahaa.....

If anyone is thinking about it, don't think anymore, I was a sceptic about these kits and I'm regretting the day I thought about it!!! it's the best £56.99 u can spend on your car!! :)

thank u guys for your help and for the link to he seller!! :)

Well done mate- glad you like the HID kit.

I've set my light height 2 to stop dazzling other road users.

I know you have sorted this (but for future reference), see the pic below:

DSC00260.jpg

See where the black plug connects into the red socket? Well disconnect it and turn it over and plug back in and you will get light. Common problem on the Lexus cars (something to do with the way the cars are wired up?)

Knew that Lexus just 'had' to be different!!! haha....

Yeah i have thought about dipping as they are bright so might stick mine on 2 as that might stop people wanting to shoot me!!

I love the HID's best money i ever spent and god knows why i havent done it sooner!! Thank Kam for the link and for everybodies help!!!

Now onto the next mod!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Order some bulbs of hid4u as well. Anti glare bulbs makes life easier for other drivers :D

Did you get the anti-glare btw? Does the bulb sit "straight" in your holder? It doesn't in mine, and I've been trying to figure out a way to get it perfect :)

Order some bulbs of hid4u as well. Anti glare bulbs makes life easier for other drivers :D

thanks will do .

maybe bit of a silly question... :-S as im new to the whole HID kit stuff

once the kit has been purchased do i then also need to buy bulbs separately ? like the dipped low beam bulbs too?

or do they come with the kit?

cheers

Did you mean high beam or low beam?

In any case, when you buy a kit it will include everything you need, two ballasts, and two bulbs of the type you specify. For the IS200, the low beam is 9006 (HB4). If you want to do the full beams as well, you will need to buy another kit (the fitting for those is 9005).

In any case, when you buy a kit it will include everything you need, two ballasts, and two bulbs of the type you specify. For the IS200, the low beam is 9006 (HB4). If you want to do the full beams as well, you will need to buy another kit (the fitting for those is 9005).

low beam is fine for me :-)

not too fussed about high beam - standard bulbs are fine for that.

thanks for the response mate

low beam is fine for me :-)

not too fussed about high beam - standard bulbs are fine for that.

thanks for the response mate

If you look at post # 7, page 1 I used velcro strips to stick the ballasts onto the bodywork.

You can also use double tape, sticky pads etc.

maybe a stupid question but what did u mount them with? just sticky pads or is there proper mounts that come with it

They usually come with double sided sticky foam pads which work fine, velcro works fine too as Kam said. I picked up some metal brackets from B&Q and mounted the ballasts that way:

DSC_1574.JPG

DSC_1575.JPG

Did you get the anti-glare btw? Does the bulb sit "straight" in your holder? It doesn't in mine, and I've been trying to figure out a way to get it perfect :)

No it doesn't sit straight but i you can unscrew the socket and place it so it almost straight :)

Gonna look into it when i remove my front bumber

How easy/difficult/ pain in the backside are they to install?

Wouldn't mind getting some myself.

Are they for the main beam and dipped beam or both and can you get them for the fogs aswell?

No it doesn't sit straight but i you can unscrew the socket and place it so it almost straight :)

Ahh so you can move the whole socket? Is that difficult to do? Please let me know how if you manage to do it :)

Ahh so you can move the whole socket? Is that difficult to do? Please let me know how if you manage to do it :)

Looks like you only have to unscrew 3 Philips screws for each socket. Maybe I'll get this done tomorrow

Looks like you only have to unscrew 3 Philips screws for each socket. Maybe I'll get this done tomorrow

So is it as simple as removing the three screws, turning the fitting and then screwing back in? Sounds good if that's all it is, look forward to seeing how you get on :)

• 3 weeks later...

Got a kit off eBay today, looks a bit complicated, but ill have another go when i got more time.

Iain

Woop woop! plugged them in, they look great, went for the 6000k.

now to regrow some skin on my knuckles from the near side front lamp.

Iain

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links