Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rattling from the rear

Mattjin

Hi

My Lexus has started making a very annoying rattling sound from the rear. When driving at slow speeds i hear it very loud. It goes away if i press the break pedal very ligthly. Does anyone have a idea what is causing this?

Mattjin

EDIT: The topic name are full of typos. I really dont know how that happend :crybaby: .. Coud a admin fix that please

try stripping and greasing the slides and pads mate that usually sorts it. :winky:

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, now I know what the problem is:

02122009013.jpg

Looks like I need to buy a anti rattle clip. Do I need anything more? Do you know the part number of the clip?? Eventualy where to buy this? Thanks for the help so far, you guys are the best :D

EDIT: The holes on the brake pads are way bigger than the pad guide pin. Shoud it be like that??

• 4 weeks later...

Not sure if this will help but when I bought the kit for my rear brakes there were 2 very similar kits to choose from.

One kit had a few more parts than the other but included all the other kits parts so would just be some bits left over.

The parts guy came out to my car to check which one looked correct. My car is 2001. The kit I got was no. 04948-30080

So if your kit has some parts which are not on your car then I think just replace the parts you have and leave the rest out.

TG

They look right to me. There's a bit of a trick to fitting the anti rattle clips. I know it took me a few goes to get them on right when I had my pads out a few months ago.

Here's some pics care of my.is http://my.is/forums/f89/brake-pad-rotor-re...ttached-255699/

Lexus service PDF http://bahamutcars.free.fr/workshop/IS_98-...e/m_br_0032.pdf

ahh thanks man. Now i see that i have been trying to install them the wrong way :oops: . Gave it another go after watching your guide and the parts fit great :D. Now my car is finaly rattle free :driving: . You shoud post that post on the workshop part on this forum too man.