Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

£272 Service

Rez89

my car is due for a service the 7year one (mine is 58000) called them up today and they quaoted me £272.

i think that is way too much just for a oil filter and coolant change! Toyota offer that for £99-£150 on all of their range because i got my corolla serviced for £99 which was oil change an coolant top up.

i think i might take my car to an Independant Lexus dealer or just a friends garage because i have 6 stamps in the book and the major service has been done by lexus.

my car is due for a service the 7year one (mine is 58000) called them up today and they quaoted me £272.

i think that is way too much just for a oil filter and coolant change! Toyota offer that for £99-£150 on all of their range because i got my corolla serviced for £99 which was oil change an coolant top up.

i think i might take my car to an Independant Lexus dealer or just a friends garage because i have 6 stamps in the book and the major service has been done by lexus.

Dealers now don't have the monopoly on servicing their cars. Most good garages will do it for half to two thirds of the price of the main Lexus dealer. As long as when anything needs replaced, the other garage uses genuine lexus parts then your service history stamp is just as good. So, go save yourself some dosh mate.. Good luck.

Col.... :winky: :D

I think i will do that. i am going to change the oil, oil filter, air filter and maybe the spark plugs.

is it worth changing all that after a year of having its major service??

on all of my cars when i service it i always change the oil, oil filter, air filter and the spark plugs.

Spark plugs should give alot more life than 10K, alot of the times we would just clean them up aslong as there is no signs of damage / wear, what about iridium plugs, they're supposed to be the best, and go for ages, expensive tho!

And maybe K & N panel filter, never need to buy another air filter again.

I think i will do that. i am going to change the oil, oil filter, air filter and maybe the spark plugs.

is it worth changing all that after a year of having its major service??

on all of my cars when i service it i always change the oil, oil filter, air filter and the spark plugs.

If you have had the 6yr/60k mile service done by Lexus last year you won't need the plugs changing. They are changed at that service and they will have fitted the long life iridium plugs.

Dave

why don't you use toyota then??i have done a few members cars on here they got a service for £65 and a toyota stamp in the book and a oe oil filter is used

or a few of them have had the service and mot £99 toyota is lexus and that way you keep main dealer stamps and its cheaper then the wee garages. :winky:

why don't you use toyota then??i have done a few members cars on here they got a service for £65 and a toyota stamp in the book and a oe oil filter is used

or a few of them have had the service and mot £99 toyota is lexus and that way you keep main dealer stamps and its cheaper then the wee garages. :winky:

i called up my nearest Toyota and they said that they do not touch Lexus because they have completly different engines and different parts to the toyota range! i didnt argue with them an just said ok.

i think i will call up another Toyota near me and see what they say.

em well i wouldn't ever go back to that garage!!!!!!!!!!!EVER!!!toyota and lexus are the same if you go in to our stock room then go into lexus's stock room all the service stuff is the same as is some of the parts ie pads,disks etc.

IE is200 spark plugs..............same used in the avensis

air filter...................old style rav 4

oil filter....................yaris 1.4diesel filter

if you go buy the parts from lexus they come in a toyota box also in japan their is the toyota altezza with the same engine as the is200

trust me i service my car every 3500 miles!!! also look below

em well i wouldn't ever go back to that garage!!!!!!!!!!!EVER!!!toyota and lexus are the same if you go in to our stock room then go into lexus's stock room all the service stuff is the same as is some of the parts ie pads,disks etc.

if you go buy the parts from lexus they come in a toyota box also in japan their is the toyota altezza with the same engine as the is200

Thank goodness for this post Ormi. I didn't think Toyota would charge any less for doing a Lexy??? My Lexus Dealer is less than half a mile down the road from Toyota (both Arnold Clark Franchises). Do you think they'd tell me to get lost if I now went to the Toyota place for services etc.??, or, would they hike up the price coz it's a Lexus? Wot you think mate.

Col.... :winky:

i was sure that some of the parts are same because when i got my brake discs and pads they had toyota models on it aswel as lexus!

cheers for that information Ormi, really useful stuff.

i m deffo going to call another Toyota main dealer up because its a huge saving if i can get it done at toyota. B)

Thank goodness for this post Ormi. I didn't think Toyota would charge any less for doing a Lexy??? My Lexus Dealer is less than half a mile down the road from Toyota (both Arnold Clark Franchises). Do you think they'd tell me to get lost if I now went to the Toyota place for services etc.??, or, would they hike up the price coz it's a Lexus? Wot you think mate.

Col.... :winky:

nope mate you will get the same service/parts just a lot cheaper!!! :winky:

The dealer who said Toyota dont use the same engine as Lexus is partly right. I cant think of a Toyota made for the English market that comes with the Lexus engine I could be wrong but i havent seen a Toyota for many years made for the English market with a straight 6 engine. Lots of the other parts used in both Lexus and Toyota are the same and most of the stuff that isnt the same is labeled Toyota anyway. Have a close look at your back lights, they certainly only fit the is200 (English market) but certainly have Toyota molded into them.

As for service currently the law says any v.a.t. registered garage can service your Lexus, or any other make of vehicle, and it doesnt invalidate your warrenty. As long as the service steps are followed IE if you need plugs on that service it has them. If it needs brake fluid change on that service it has one. As long as o.e. spec parts are used this is also ok. There is no need to use Lexus/Toyota parts.As for your spark plugs i always use irridium plugs in a Lexus i think they were standard they are 3 times more expensive but will last 3 times longer then a standard plug.

Note i did say currently any garage can service your car. Under the current climate the government are looking into returning all cars to dealers for service so as to give the dealers some money back to keep the money to them as it were. This is how it was years ago and many people still believe this to be true. I even know of one or two dealers who still tell customers they have to take the cars to them. hope this post helps solve a few of the queries.

The dealer who said Toyota dont use the same engine as Lexus is partly right. I cant think of a Toyota made for the English market that comes with the Lexus engine I could be wrong but i havent seen a Toyota for many years made for the English market with a straight 6 engine. Lots of the other parts used in both Lexus and Toyota are the same and most of the stuff that isnt the same is labeled Toyota anyway. Have a close look at your back lights, they certainly only fit the is200 (English market) but certainly have Toyota molded into them.

As for service currently the law says any v.a.t. registered garage can service your Lexus, or any other make of vehicle, and it doesnt invalidate your warrenty. As long as the service steps are followed IE if you need plugs on that service it has them. If it needs brake fluid change on that service it has one. As long as o.e. spec parts are used this is also ok. There is no need to use Lexus/Toyota parts.As for your spark plugs i always use irridium plugs in a Lexus i think they were standard they are 3 times more expensive but will last 3 times longer then a standard plug.

Note i did say currently any garage can service your car. Under the current climate the government are looking into returning all cars to dealers for service so as to give the dealers some money back to keep the money to them as it were. This is how it was years ago and many people still believe this to be true. I even know of one or two dealers who still tell customers they have to take the cars to them. hope this post helps solve a few of the queries.

i have realised that on the rear lights it says Toyota... well my car is out of warrenty anyway so i am not reliant on using main delaer for servicing.

i will call up another Toyota garage and see if they will be able to service my car because as Ormi mentioned they have the same parts as Lexus...if not i will just get my mate to do it for me.

cheers for info.

Lexus=Toyota

Infiniti=Nissan

Acura=Honda

OP: As you need a basic oil/oil filter change, I'd DIY if you have some basic tools otherwise local garage.

come on fil splitting hairs!!toyota make the engine toyota make the chassis toyota make poss 99% of the parts for the car as for the denzo stuff on the car toyota own denzo so thats toyota too!!!!!

toyota altezza ring any bells??came with the 6 cylinder and the 4 cylinder!!

if you go in to toyota with your engine code they can price any part you want for the engine even bring up pics of it,and if you want bits they can be in the next day.if you have a fault the it2(toyotas fault finder)will access all of the systems on a lexus, worked for toyota for too long now and got parts for a lot of members. so the dealer that sent rez away was 100% in the wrong. 100%

LEXUS=TOYOTA=SCION(cheap american toyota)

redz mate get it to toyota and enjoy a cheap service using oe parts!!

if you were closer i'd come do your car myself.

come on fil splitting hairs!!toyota make the engine toyota make the chassis toyota make poss 99% of the parts for the car as for the denzo stuff on the car toyota own denzo so thats toyota too!!!!!

toyota altezza ring any bells??came with the 6 cylinder and the 4 cylinder!!

if you go in to toyota with your engine code they can price any part you want for the engine even bring up pics of it,and if you want bits they can be in the next day.if you have a fault the it2(toyotas fault finder)will access all of the systems on a lexus, worked for toyota for too long now and got parts for a lot of members. so the dealer that sent rez away was 100% in the wrong. 100%

LEXUS=TOYOTA=SCION(cheap american toyota)

redz mate get it to toyota and enjoy a cheap service using oe parts!!

if you were closer i'd come do your car myself.

I am going to go down an see them 2mro, an if they tell me to get lost then i will have to have words with the idiot at the service counter! lol i will just show him this tread from my phone if he says no! lol

Ormi is right there the same at the end ov the day. I worked on both brands before lexus and toyota seperated its all the same. I sit the same courses as ormi as its the exact same tehnology applied. I work on a joint toyota/lexus site so i understand the difference in labour rates and the way they are one brand at the end of the day. I do know the there are going to be big AFTERSALES changes in lexus next year. And as some of you are aware ther is no more Lexus GB its called lexus division its back to a division of Toyota. But if you want to get lexus service just try ringinging them for ideal price you like to pay i know where i work they do price matching now and its certinly attracted a lot of attension But i dont see any reason not to get your lexus serviced by toyota but its always worth trying a bit of (banter) for a lower price you want. If you ring up and say my cars done for example 30k and its 4 yrs old you will get a fixed (matrix price) But try calling and saying i want to have a custom service then you can say wat you want and what your prepared to pay. Then what happens is the service advisor will get the price of the parts and work out the labour rate to et it into your ideal price range. My works offer this and as far labour rates go the ball will be in your court. :winky:

But its totally up to you and what your happy with guys

Hope that helped

cheers matey^^^^^^^^^ i only sugested toyota due to the service he gets when he hands his toyota in.but thats a good shout give lex a call tell them what you wanna pay for a service.worth a try?

what parts are you needing??ie what service?if its just a small one its just the oil and filter and the filter you need is a 90915-YXXJ3.

just a small one mate, oil+oil filter and coolant chnage... thats it.

cheers for the part number Ormi...will let you guys know what they say 2mro. thanks

what parts are you needing??ie what service?if its just a small one its just the oil and filter and the filter you need is a 90915-YXXJ3.

just a small one mate, oil+oil filter and coolant chnage... thats it.

cheers for the part number Ormi...will let you guys know what they say 2mro. thanks

the coolant is pink coolant matey.

Omri you must not have read any of my previous post on here mate. I have argued tirelessly that Lexus is nothing special an many threads. The only thing i disagree with you on is the Altezza. Firstly i have never seen one over here although i know there are some, secondly my post did say English market. Apal of mine has the Toyota Aristo twin turbo so i know there are a few of the Toyota versions of the Lexus over here.

I knwo when ordering parts for imported vehicles most dealers will list the part and order it for us, with the understanding if we order and its wrong in anyway, tuff its ours we bougth it.

Ah just a thought to see how good you are, and why toyota dont always come through. A customer of mine has a Toyota vigo, imported from Vietnam. The hot/cold air control button is broken. The frame number of the vehicle wont go into any Toyota system i have tried. I have rang 3 diffrent Toyota dealers. They all say the Vietnam versions didnt have hot air just cold and realy cold. No toyota dealer i have been to can even show me a picture of what it is i want. THe uk spec Hilux ?? has an electric switch, this vigo has 2 cables. If i can get hold of the customer and get the frame number for you can you have a look, as mentioned no dealer i have spoken to even has the frame number listed for the vehicle.

so back to the post, i have argued tirelessly that Lexus is nothign special and Lexus mechanics are therefore inturn nothing special. So why pay more for you Toyota service/repairs. My local Toyota dealer doesnt do Lexus either, when i ring and say do you do Lexus i get a firm "no we dont". I have been working as a mechanic and mot tester for 20 years so i know the score as well as you do but actually getting Toyota to order a Lexus part is a diffrent story. I used to have an estima (import)and it broke a diesel injection pipe Toyota did get it for me over night so i know they can get non standard stuff its just getting them to do it. Maybe its a case of right guy in the right mood on the right day.