Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Any Ls400 Owners In Chester Area?

Hello nick73 I am just down the road from you in E/port mine is a 97 Ls400. old but still as sweet as a nut. :alien:

Excellent! Glad to hear it's still as good as ever.

I'm currently driving a BMW 5 series Sport, but after something more co

fortable. I'm 6'6'' and had a few lower back problems lately.

The LS 400 could is hopefully the way forward for me. Now, I hope you don't mind me asking, but if it's ever convenient for you, would it be possible if perhaps I could pop over one day and have a sit in your car? Apologies for strange request, but nearest one For Sale is 29 miles away in Manchester somewhere (Globe Car Sales), but once I know I fit in one, I'll travel anywhere for the right one.

Again, sorry for strange question, and totally understand if you'd prefer to pass on that!

Nick

I'm 5' 9" my seat is lowered to the max and the springs are gone due to a heavier earlier driver. I like a very 'erect' driving position and my head is touching the headlining.

I'm guessing that most luxobarge captains take a more laid back approach as there are no complaints about taller peeps knocking their noggins on the roof!

I'm 5' 9" my seat is lowered to the max and the springs are gone due to a heavier earlier driver. I like a very 'erect' driving position and my head is touching the headlining.

I'm guessing that most luxobarge captains take a more laid back approach as there are no complaints about taller peeps knocking their noggins on the roof!

Hi Nitmoi

i'm very surprised that your head touches the lining, even with seat upright. Hmmm.....we'll see, I may get away with it in a different position.

Thanks for the info though, much appreciated.

Nick

Hello nick73 I am just down the road from you in E/port mine is a 97 Ls400. old but still as sweet as a nut. :alien:

The LS 400 could is hopefully the way forward for me. Now, I hope you don't mind me asking, but if it's ever convenient for you, would it be possible if perhaps I could pop over one day and have a sit in your car? Apologies for strange request, but nearest one For Sale is 29 miles away in Manchester somewhere (Globe Car Sales), but once I know I fit in one, I'll travel anywhere for the right one.

Again, sorry for strange question, and totally understand if you'd prefer to pass on that!

Nick

Nick,

I am just under 6' 3" and really struggle with headroom the LS400 Series IV. My biggest error was not checking this out in more detail. I can live with it - But only just.

I understand the LS430 is better for headroom but I have never been in one so I can't speak with experience.

My advice is to check that you fit and will be comfortable.

If you're ever passing Bedford you are very welcome to try mine out.

Steve

Nick

Nick,

I am just under 6' 3" and really struggle with headroom the LS400 Series IV. My biggest error was not checking this out in more detail. I can live with it - But only just.

I understand the LS430 is better for headroom but I have never been in one so I can't speak with experience.

My advice is to check that you fit and will be comfortable.

If you're ever passing Bedford you are very welcome to try mine out.

Steve

Hi Steve,

Well, I might as well forget an LS now!! Pretty sure I won't fit in one now, as I'm quite long in the body :crybaby:

If you struggle at 6'3", and I'm 6'6", D'oh!!!

Thanks for the info though, and kind of you to offer.

Nick

Hi Nick,

Don't rule it out - The LS400 is a fabulous car so I would hate to put you off it.

Like you, I'm long in the body and short in the leg and find myself having to recline the seat more than I would normally do which is a) uncomfortable and B) really not good for the posture longer term.

I struggle in most vehices, funnily enough my wife's KA provides the best headroom and I can sit upright without a problem.

Do try one out before excluding it from your list.

Steve

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links