Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi folks I still have the original sat nav disc in my 1998 model, I would like to update it but it doesn't warrant the cost to get a new one . If one of you has a newer disc they dont need anymore I would be happy to buy it thanks Mark.

Hello,

I am getting a 430 next weekend and have put my original disc back in. I have a 2007/2008 version which I bought late last year for £116. I was going to put it on eBay. I was looking for £50 including postage.. It is a genuine disc and on it states it is suitable for LS/GS/IS. I also have a new aerial mast which I never got round to fitting if anyone wants one for the cost of the postage.

Pete

Hello,

I am getting a 430 next weekend and have put my original disc back in. I have a 2007/2008 version which I bought late last year for £116. I was going to put it on ebay. I was looking for £50 including postage.. It is a genuine disc and on it states it is suitable for LS/GS/IS. I also have a new aerial mast which I never got round to fitting if anyone wants one for the cost of the postage.

Pete

Hi thanks for the offer £50 is a little bit rich for me at the moment I belive devon ls will take it though.

Happy to take the satnav disc and aerial mast, just need to arrange payment etc,,,

ManicMark, there will be a 2005/2006 disc surplus to requirements when I have got the newer disc, I am sure I can help you out for a price you will like :D

Hi thank you that should be up to date enough for me, Let me know when your ready to sell ta Mark

Dear fellow LS admirers and owners,

I am following this thread with interest:

Manic Mark wants to upgrage his 1998 Sat Nav disc.

Devon LS will replace his 2005/ 2006 disc with a newer one.

Passman53 has a 2007/ 2008 disc.

What improvements are upgrades do newer versions contain? Is it just a case of improved maps/ graphics or lots of other functionality and useability?

Much regards.

What improvements are upgrades do newer versions contain? Is it just a case of improved maps/ graphics or lots of other functionality and useability?

Much regards.

I think the later ones let you enter a house number, for me its just to have a more up to date map

Much regards.

I think the later ones let you enter a house number, for me its just to have a more up to date map

Hello'

According to the booklet I got with the disc:

House number input

different scales available (and screen certainly seems clearer)

You can re-calculate the complete route at any point in your jouney

You can delete and/or add way points as you go

There is now an option to give toll road and/or motorway priority

plus more up to date maps.

Pete.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I also bought the latest CD, PZ485-LCDEN-07 it does have a few greater options than the Original 2000 Disc.

As passman53 says - house number, map scale graphic, re-calc, delete next waypoint and toll road priority.

Cost €119 from www.lexus-mapupdates.eu

Anyone have the 3 European discs which originally came in the box?

France is on my list...

• 2 months later...

Was satnav standard in the UK on the mk IV as I've never come across one without it, seems it was an option in the US

Just curious really.

Happy to say I took delivery of my latest LS400 IV today, pretty car with exceptionally low miles, major bonus it that the satnav has the latest disc.

Mike

The 400 had an electric radio arial, the 430 has it built into the rear screen.

The Nokia hands free kit wont have an arial input, you can get an extension for some Nokia models, but the handset internal should be ok unless you are in a weak signal area.

what's the aerial mast for - radio, satnav or phone - if the latter, I can't see how to wire it in to the nokia in car system

Mike

LS400 satnav even with the latest disc isn't briliant is it, not bad for a twelve year old design I suppose but a TomTom is so much better.

I have been running the two at the same time as a bit of a test.

Once the LS satnav gets a route into it's head it doesn't like to a complete re route and will keep trying to turn you around, The Tomtom (a 3 year old model 510) is always looking for the best current route. The LS will do it enventualy though.

The lack of postcodes takes some getting used to as well, but no room on a CD for those.

It also tried to send us down a road that I know for sure hasn't been a through road for over 30 years, I suppose you get to see all sorts of different sights and back roads that way.

That said it certainly looks the part and would get you out of bother if lost and thats the important thing. it also instantly knows were you are the Tomtom can take an age to find you sometimes.

LS400 satnav even with the latest disc isn't briliant is it, not bad for a twelve year old design I suppose but a TomTom is so much better.

I have been running the two at the same time as a bit of a test.

Once the LS satnav gets a route into it's head it doesn't like to a complete re route and will keep trying to turn you around, The Tomtom (a 3 year old model 510) is always looking for the best current route. The LS will do it enventualy though.

The lack of postcodes takes some getting used to as well, but no room on a CD for those.

It also tried to send us down a road that I know for sure hasn't been a through road for over 30 years, I suppose you get to see all sorts of different sights and back roads that way.

That said it certainly looks the part and would get you out of bother if lost and thats the important thing. it also instantly knows were you are the Tomtom can take an age to find you sometimes.

I have a 910 TomTom and have been running it in parallel with the car system. Mostly, around London, I just use the car system and it works pretty well with, I suspect, the original 98 disc. What really annoys is that, once in a blue moon, the car system accepts a destination, takes you within a half-mile of the destination and then you hear the wonderful announcement: "guidance has now finished"! and you are left, with the minimum of warning, to try and figure it out!

I have a 910 TomTom and have been running it in parallel with the car system. Mostly, around London, I just use the car system and it works pretty well with, I suspect, the original 98 disc. What really annoys is that, once in a blue moon, the car system accepts a destination, takes you within a half-mile of the destination and then you hear the wonderful announcement: "guidance has now finished"! and you are left, with the minimum of warning, to try and figure it out!

London always confuses the hell out of me anyway so I can't really blame her for giving up.

Does rather leave you in the lurch though. Can't say I've had that happen with the new disc.

love the "at the next junction turn slightly left" or "slightly right" :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if a DVD Sat Nav disc will work in the mark 4? I have noticed everyone is mentioning cd all the time so unsure. I am about to buy one and it's a dvd so unsure if I should buy. Also does anyone know if a 2003-2006+ DVD disc will work in the ls?

Thanks

B

Hi All,

Can anyone tell me if a DVD Sat Nav disc will work in the mark 4? I have noticed everyone is mentioning cd all the time so unsure. I am about to buy one and it's a dvd so unsure if I should buy. Also does anyone know if a 2003-2006+ DVD disc will work in the ls?

Thanks

B

im pretty sure the mk4 has a CD based satnav, so DVD wont work unfortunatly

i think my mk4 still has the original disc, so if anybody has a new disc they no longer require i would love to know

Hi All,

Thanks

B

I have a 1998 mark 4 and it definitely uses a CD.

To the best of my knowledge it was always a CD until the LS430 came out.

Hi All,

Thanks

B

I think the answer has already been given on this forum - my understanding is that the MK IV (mine is a MK IV so I will be interested if anyone has a different answer)can only run CDs not DVDs. By the by, I would be interested in an upgrade CD - I think mine is the original one and the dealer wants £200 which is just not worth for me - not only do I have a TomTom but that kind of money will buy the latest TomTom with far more features than can be had from the car one.

Can't someone clone one?

Treading on risky copyright territory there and if everyone did do it they might never bring out another update, as it wouldn't be worth it.

It is ridiculously expensive though.

Hi All,

Thanks

B

Anyone?

Hi All,

Thanks

B

Anyone?

Given that the concensus is that the LS400 uses a CD, the best course of action would be to borrow a DVD and see. It will either read it or not. Alternatively, ring or visit the parts dept of your local Lexus dealer and ask. Sorry can't be more helpful as the MKIII has to make do with a portable satnav.