Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

18's Vs 19's

Hi Guys and Girls,

I am soon to be replacing the stock 17inch grey multispokes on my IS200 when doing this I am also going to be fitting a set of BC coilovers very shortly too.

Now i am in a battle with my head and my heart whether to go 18's or 19's.

My head is saying 18's becuase they are easier to live with (i use the car as a daily drive), look awesome when the slammed to the floor and cheaper to buy....

However, I always wonder if i get 18's will i wish i'd bought 19's as they seem to fill the arches.

I know i cant fit more than a 19x8 if i want to avoid arch work and with 18's i can avoid having differences with the speedo etc.....but has anyone else gone through this decision and what were your deciding factors?!

Just helping me decide!!!

Thanks people!

Matt

It depends on the design really - if you're going for a split rim/deep dish type, then 19 will look best. On a more standard design, I actually think 18" looks better, 19" looks a bit too big on a car the size of the IS.

What sort of style of wheel were you thinking of?

Thank you for your comments, i want to go for a street drift look.....Not to the point its completely insanely slammed and wheels are toed in beyond belief but just enough to make it look a bit different without losing the ability to use it as a daily drive.

I was thinking of either of these sets of wheels:

18inch Rota D2

302da4d877c366b49a6472b08bf882e9.jpg

On an IS

DSC02326.jpg

OR........

19inch Axis Hiro

axis.hiro.ant.jpg

On IS

IMG_3701r.jpg