Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hello!

If you had a service done at a Lexus dealer, say the 120K where the timing belt should be changed, would they change the timing belt as a matter of course? Or could you request that they do the rest of the service without the belt change to save money?

I am trying to find out whether the belt got changed at this interval on my LS400, the book is stamped and dated 2008 for the 'B' service. I'm waiting for Lexus Birmingham where the service was done to confirm that the belt was done, but thought somebody could maybe let me know if the stamp means it would have definitely been done.

I love the car so will get it done if needed but do not want to waste money if it got done 10K miles ago.

Many thanks, David...

there should be a little white sticker under the bonnet saying when it was changed and what milage they come with the timing belt they are normally applied on the front of the engine (camshaft covers) or the front panel

Hope that helps

Check the invoice, usually everything is listed separately.

No invoice, just the service spec sheet which has the box ticked for 'Replace timing belt at 63000 mile intervals'. Apparently the tick only means check and adjust, top up or report. Guessing I will just have to wait for Lexus Birmingham to shed some light...

there should be a little white sticker under the bonnet saying when it was changed and what milage they come with the timing belt they are normally applied on the front of the engine (camshaft covers) or the front panel

Hope that helps

Thanks Peco!

Yes all present and correct! I knew it was there when I bought it so was having a moment of madness, durrr!

Please excuse my stupidity. lol