Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lsd Shopping

seecarr11

Was at the scrap yard looking for an LSD for my IS. the thing is they have alot of rear axles laying around from both the GXE10s and the SXE10s but they didn't take any chassis numbers (A02A or A02B) so i can't tell which ones are LSD carriers. I read(on a few sites) if you turn one axle the other would turn in the same direction if it was LSD and an open one would turn the opposite way. (is this true for all LSDs or just full the 2 way versions?) I turned quite a few and i noticed some turn in the opposite (open) while others the other side didn't turn at all, but none turned the same direction. What does that mean? also some had a M86 tag on the "pumpkin" and others i couldn't make out. Can anyone tell me for certain what identifiers/characteristics i should look out for?

thanks

• 2 weeks later...

due to the type of lsd on the sport turning one side one way and watching for the other side turning the same way wont work its a torsen type lsd.

so i'm afraid the only way to tell is to open the rear up.

• 3 weeks later...
due to the type of lsd on the sport turning one side one way and watching for the other side turning the same way wont work its a torsen type lsd.

so i'm afraid the only way to tell is to open the rear up.

thanks for the reply. that means i may have overlooked a few LSDs and didn't even know it