Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hid Fog Lights?

Adz T

Hello, yesterday I was driving down the road and on the other side was another IS200. It had the CCFL Halo/sidelights installed but his foglights were also on and they were as bright as HIDs, they looked like the 6000k HIDs I have in my car, but in his fog lights?

Basically, whats the score on HID fog lights?! Legal? Do they even exist? haha

i dont beleive that they are legal, as long as they are not above the wattage, i think its 35w for the fogs, same as your dipped beams, which is plenty bright enough. a have hid bulbs in mine, one problem i have had is that they are not as good at cutting thru the fog as the standear lights. would recommend 4,300k or better yet a 3000k kit. thats for practicality. i its just looks you want go for the same colour as the rest of the car. what i can strongly recommend is hid full beams, i have 55w in mine, went thru the mot no problem and the differance over standard is staggering.

• 4 weeks later...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links