Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Coil Packs Or Leads?

TRI220

Hi

my 51 plate lexus had the engine light come on so took it back to the garage i bought it from. The computer says it's an issue with cylinder 5, so he changed the coil pack. the car run fine until it warms up and then starts to misfire again. has anybody else had this issue? could it be the leads?

any help would be much appreciated.

thanks

stu

Coil packs normally fail in pairs- I reckon you still got another failed/dodgy coil pack.

Take it back and get them to find and replace the other failed coilpack.

Coil packs normally fail in pairs- I reckon you still got another failed/dodgy coil pack.

Take it back and get them to find and replace the other failed coilpack.

thanks for getting back to me.

he did try moving the packs around but it kept saying cylinder 5. it's at the garage now so i'll ring and get them to try another new pack. if they go in pairs would it be a certain number that is linked to number 5?

thanks

Surely the fault can be traced by swapping plugs and leads around the cylinders to see if it follows to another cylinder or remains on no5, i do not know from any personal experience but have read that fault code can remain for up to an hour if the ecu is not re-set after a repair has been made.

but hopefully someone in the know will confirm / correct me on this.