Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi All,

Although I'm a very (VERY!) infrequent poster here, I have actually been a member since 2002 having owned an IS200 which I sold to buy a 350Z, wife got pregnant with first child, sold that, then had 3rd Gen GS300 SE-L which I had for two years until in a moment of madness I traded it in for a MINI Cooper S while the Mrs got herself a diesel Honda CR-V. Anyway, I'm thinking about buying another GS300 SE-L and got a couple of queries as it would be a used one (albeit from a Lexus dealer)...

1) At what mileage does major surgery start to be required? e.g. cambelts, etc, etc

2) Does anyone know what the 4th year warranty would cost?

Seen a couple that interest me, one done 15K (2 years old) the other 42K miles (2.5 years old).

Cheers!

DJ

Hi All,

Although I'm a very (VERY!) infrequent poster here, I have actually been a member since 2002 having owned an IS200 which I sold to buy a 350Z, wife got pregnant with first child, sold that, then had 3rd Gen GS300 SE-L which I had for two years until in a moment of madness I traded it in for a MINI Cooper S while the Mrs got herself a diesel Honda CR-V. Anyway, I'm thinking about buying another GS300 SE-L and got a couple of queries as it would be a used one (albeit from a Lexus dealer)...

1) At what mileage does major surgery start to be required? e.g. cambelts, etc, etc

2) Does anyone know what the 4th year warranty would cost?

Seen a couple that interest me, one done 15K (2 years old) the other 42K miles (2.5 years old).

Cheers!

DJ

Hi and welcome back,

sorry not sure about major service details but 4th year warranty at the moment is £825 for 12 months or£1,545 for 24 months, do check out hybrid prices before you buy as there have been some really good deals recently, unless you need the full boot (extended warranty price is the same for the 450h but covers much more kit ) I keep mine under the warranty and buy a service plan for this reason. I get peace of mind same as a new car but bought it for less than 1/2 the original price. I deducted these costs from the depreciation already suffered and feel I have very good value for the 50K I cover each year with super performance and comfort.

Good luck Tony

Regards Tony

Thanks Tony,

One thing that puts me off the Hybrid, well two actually... first is that as you say boot is smaller (photos aside, I haven't actually seen one to really see how big it is) and two, I'm concerned about costs to replace the hybrid stuff if/when it starts to fail.

DJ

Thanks Tony,

One thing that puts me off the Hybrid, well two actually... first is that as you say boot is smaller (photos aside, I haven't actually seen one to really see how big it is) and two, I'm concerned about costs to replace the hybrid stuff if/when it starts to fail.

DJ

With the boot all you loose is the space under the rear parcel tray (which you should not use as it cools the Battery pack through ) I manage fine with mine and have done the dreaded airport runs with no problems, will take golf clubs.

Re your concerns hybrid parts, they claim never to have changed the Battery pack for any Toyota hybrid worldwide but that is why I extend my warranty. 1/2 price and better fuel consumption almost pays for the warranty ! plus no congestion charge helps me as I drive in London a lot.

Another factor is the 18" tyres do wear if you are tempted to use the acceleration often (and it is difficult to resist )

They are very special cars and ought to be tried at least.

Tony

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links