Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Service Schedule For Mk4 Ls400

Greetings,

I intend to purchase a Mk4 Lexus LS400.

FSH is something I will be looking for.

Nothing like a fully stamped service book.

1.What is the service schedule for this model and when are major services required?

2. What is the situation with cambelts?

3. Anything else to look for?

Kindest regards

The Doc

Greetings,

I intend to purchase a Mk4 Lexus LS400.

FSH is something I will be looking for.

Nothing like a fully stamped service book.

1.What is the service schedule for this model and when are major services required?

2. What is the situation with cambelts?

3. Anything else to look for?

Kindest regards

The Doc

Hi there,

I have just bought a Series 4, and I can tell you that you will not be disappointed!

To answer your questions, there is an 'A' service every 9000 miles, then a 'B'service every 27000. The 'A' covers things like fluid changes, brakes, exhaust etc. Then the 'B' service is more comprehensive with cambelt check, differential oil change etc.

The timing belt is changed every 63000 miles and you can see it is done as they put a sticker with mileage in the engine bay.

Things to look for...

Make sure atf fluid is red, and the box is silky smooth in all gears. The engine is almost silent so if you can hear anything it is probably not right. Check all buttons work inside, there are lots of them!! Make sure there is no knocking underneath as suspension can be a problem. I guess someone else will come up with more pointers for you...

I picked up mine on Friday and have covered nearly 300 miles in it. Cost me £2850, and I can find nothing wrong with it. You will be amazed at the power and silence, gadgets etc. I went from a Scorpio Cossie which I thought was quick, but the LS is in a different league!

Although mine is great, I have just spent £95 on ATF fluid so I can flush it, will be replacing the engine oil, and the differential oil just for my own peace of mind.

I made sure when I bought mine that it had a recent timing belt change, which would be expensive. There is a silver one on autotrader right now with DHP for £2995, which looks a bargain, but you would need to find out about the timing belt, and if it hasn't been done then haggle the price down.

Hope this helps...

David

Hi the Doc

1 service 9000 miles oil, filter & checks

2 major service 27,000 miles Oil, all filters, coolant

check vale clearances 54k

3 cambelt plugs & idlers & water pump @ 63k ( the big one make sure they have been done or allowed for in the price)

4 what to look for,knocks & creaks from the suspension, warped discs & a leaky boot.

hope this helps & good luck they are great cars