Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

New Hids

dsc1562.jpg

I assume that theoretically it could be possible to ommit the cables marked with green and red arrows and connect the original car connector, which goes to the halogen bulb directly to the ballast connector marked in blue. Of couse that all is possible, if there is a possibility to put the ballast really close to the headlight and if the original cable is long enough. Well, yes, probably these two cables shouldn't be called like an extension. I simply don't like that this connection is made of two seperate wires., which connect together :)

Ahh yes I do remember those, didn't think they were an extension though as they have those two white little plugs that connect to the HID bulb - if you don't use that those cables won't plug into anything, will that still work? :unsure:

It's that plug that goes into the ballast, and then the plug from the car's wiring goes into the other end - I don't think that's an extension, it's all part of the kit.......I may be wrong though, all I know is that mine is working fine having used all the wires provided :)

I made an order with HIDS4U on the 29th November (Sunday) for 2 of their 35W 6000K Anti-Glare Kits.

Wednesday I phoned them, they said they don't have them instock! :( So gutted, they told me i'm going to have to wait till next Friday.

Hard luck mate, just a week though! I see you went for two kits, are you doing the full beams or the fogs as well?

• 2 weeks later...
I made an order with HIDS4U on the 29th November (Sunday) for 2 of their 35W 6000K Anti-Glare Kits.

Wednesday I phoned them, they said they don't have them instock! :( So gutted, they told me i'm going to have to wait till next Friday.

Hard luck mate, just a week though! I see you went for two kits, are you doing the full beams or the fogs as well?

Just posted a topic! I only did the dipped and fogs, didn't wanna do the main beams as I hardly ever flash people lol (p.s sorry for delayed reply)

Just posted a topic! I only did the dipped and fogs, didn't wanna do the main beams as I hardly ever flash people lol (p.s sorry for delayed reply)

I went for the 5000K kit for the dipped lights. For the main beams I am planning to get only new bulbs - like Philips Blue Vision (they are rated 4000K) to have a better color match and not make the main lights look weird :)

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=9

I went for the 5000K kit for the dipped lights. For the main beams I am planning to get only new bulbs - like Philips Blue Vision (they are rated 4000K) to have a better color match and not make the main lights look weird :)

http://www.powerbulbs.com/product_detail.asp?prod=9

That's what I did too, I have PIAA 6500K bulbs in my high beams and they match the HIDs pretty well :)

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links