Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Just Bought A 2010 Spec Is250 Se-i Auto

roll on next week.....looking forward to a change from a big 4x4 as I've had a Jeep followed by two Rx's. I may regret it but I can always go back again next year and trade up to a Rx 450.

Some very useful posts in this forum. Thanks to you all.

roll on next week.....looking forward to a change from a big 4x4 as I've had a Jeep followed by two Rx's. I may regret it but I can always go back again next year and trade up to a Rx 450.

You'll love it....until the first load of snow hits when if you're like me you'll wish for 4 wheel drive or even front wheel drive rather than rear....I drive a rear wheel myself and even with heavy frost the going can become interesting compared to the sure-footed RX.

However for the other 90% of the year it will be superb!!! Gz on the new car purchase!

You'll love it....until the first load of snow hits when if you're like me you'll wish for 4 wheel drive or even front wheel drive rather than rear....I drive a rear wheel myself and even with heavy frost the going can become interesting compared to the sure-footed RX.

However for the other 90% of the year it will be superb!!! Gz on the new car purchase!

My "2010 Spec Is250 Se-i Auto" has an auto-mode button with a 'Snow' option (and a 'Power' option too) - do you have this Valkirk? Is it a 2010 thing? Does it make life easier?

My "2010 Spec Is250 Se-i Auto" has an auto-mode button with a 'Snow' option (and a 'Power' option too) - do you have this Valkirk? Is it a 2010 thing? Does it make life easier?

The 'snow' option has been on all auto models from the start iirc

Sorry bit misleading - the rear wheel drive I'm talking about isn't even a Lexus it's an SLK which although it has a "Comfort" setting meaning starting in 2nd gear etc having fat tyres and 300bhp makes it a tad lively :)

That being said had a BMW 325ci before that and a Toyota MR2 before that and none of them have been much good in slippery conditions.......except the RX which has just plodded along like bad weather is no different from normal!

Every time I say will never buy another rear wheel drive and always end up doing so.....would love an IS-F but that would be even worse.....

Snow mode just reduces the throttle sensitivity, helps a bit but not a lot. It's not the car's fault though, it's the tyres. Get some dedicated snow tyres and you won't have a problem - but seeing as you're in London, not really worth it for the one day (if that) of snow we get a year, so best just to take the day off when it happens.

Congratulations on the new car, and remember to post pics when you get it!