Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hks Vs Tanabe

Ginndo

Hey guys havent posted anything for awhile the cars coming very nicely. Im now stuck on which exhaust to buy the HKS HI POWER or HKS LEGAMAX PREMIUM or TANABE MEDALION TOURING. Ive rung a few companies and they all say the legamax is the preferred system but then again it is the most expensive lol

HKS every time mate, you pay for quality.

Hey guys ive spoken to people from my car cruise and mechanic friends of mine and it seems more of them rate the tanabe over the HKS.

1. The tanabe seems to be of better quality and weighs less than the HKS.

2. The drone is less on the tanabe which is fine. The HKS has more drone and does sound nicer which is appealing if I had a car thats not quite exec like the is250 if I had a type R or similar I would proberly go for HKS. And ive heard the HKS sounds a abit raspy when flooring it and the HKS causes alot of humping between the ground and the exhaust itself this comment was from a mechanic friend of mine whether hes just had a bad experience with them im not sure.

3. I have rung around alot and the price for the HKS and tanabe are pretty much the same the HKS is about £30 cheaper.

After comparing both I think Im going to buy the tanabe.

I believe Tango on here had a Tanabe twin exhaust on his IS250 maybe pm him or see if he posts on here to see how the exhaust was.

Replied to your PM Ginndo, The Tanabe is real quality as reflected by the slightly higher cost than the HKS. Has a better sound too. I imported mine from Japan when the £1 was worth a bit more against the Japanese Yen than it is now. Here's a pic, and you may notice Doc Bones in there somewhere :lol:

dsc01457v.jpg

I believe Tango on here had a Tanabe twin exhaust on his IS250 maybe pm him or see if he posts on here to see how the exhaust was.

Replied to your PM Ginndo, The Tanabe is real quality as reflected by the slightly higher cost than the HKS. Has a better sound too. I imported mine from Japan when the £1 was worth a bit more against the Japanese Yen than it is now. Here's a pic, and you may notice Doc Bones in there somewhere :lol:

dsc01457v.jpg

Thats a great looking photo of the exhaust ( and Tony in the reflection :D ) i must admit if i had the IS250 i would go for the Tanabe exhaust after seeing/hearing it on your car Tango....

• 2 months later...

hey guys I have finally got my tanabe exhaust fitted did it a few weeks ago and it sounds awesome very good purchase. I am now deciding wheter or not buy an induction kit I have been looking at the KandN are they really worth it?

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links