Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Tyre Size Decisions? Help!

Right, im really frustrating myself as i am lowering my car just after xmas, with a set of coilovers and i am putting a brand new set of alloys on 17''!

Ive been told 225 45 17 for the rear and 215 45 17 for the front, but my tyre fitter told me that the lower i go with the car the tyre becomes wider which has put me off.?

will i still have plenty of arch width clearance if i lower it with 225's on the rear?

im looking at Kumhos 225 45 17 to the rear and 215 45 17 to the front??

let me know what you guys think?

i would keep then 215 45 17 all round been running on khumos for just over a year now and they seem pretty good dont think you will notice much difference between 215 and 225 any way

what have you got on yours notshi ? they look like 19's?

let me know.

How come you are going for 17" alloys?- most people who upgrade their alloys go for 18 or 19" alloys.

Cuz im uprading from 16's m8 , and i hate huge ***** alloys what look like they should be on a monster truck and too superior for the car, i had 19's on my old st and they drove like ***** cuz they wouldnt track up right because they were far too big for the car and i regreted it ever since i bought them. so im sticking to 17's for now, im also lowering the car on coilovers so i dont want to put huge alloys on and have to role the arches etc...

well we have been here before, first you asked what was the biggest size and then after a lot of advice you still are not sure. so here you go

i have a set of 18" with 225/40/18 on right now. i have lowered the car 35mm with tte springs and have 18x8.5 on all round. i run 5mm spacers on the back so they sit out a bit but there is plenty of room. i run 20" in the summer. 20x8.5 with no problems and have 225/30/20 on there.

so you said in the first post you wanted a wide look for your car and that's why i said run 225 on the back to give it a bit of width and 215 on the front so they are not so hard on you and the steering.

so to answer the question no you wont have to roll the arches unless you are going to sink it like the titanic......low low low. and if your not sure then just stick with originals 215s all round.

i work with tires and can tell you what sizes you can go.... have a little web page that works out the sizes you can run from the size of the original size tires so i guess there is your answer..

check with others about rolling arches and i think you will find that there are not to many that have had to do it...

They are 17s live in the sticks so need to keep tyre wall quite big to cope with the pot holes and bad roads

got the wheels from bk racing in exeter for 260 plus rounded wheel nuts ( looks like a socket ) they got a web site mate give them a look

the lower you go the wider the tyre gets????????????what a lot of poop!!!!!!! if your car sits 3 feet of the ground and you have 225mm wide tyres they are 225 mm wide if you drop your car to 1 inch off the ground the tyre is still 225mm wide!!!!!! tell him to stop being silly and fit the 225 on the rear and 215's on the front like you asked!!!!! you will have no problems or rubbing!!!!!

hi guys, thanks for the advice with it all, i have decided to go with 225's on the rear and 215's on the front like ormi said.

i have ordered a set of federals ZE 912s as they had pritty good ratings on the web and get them fitted next saturday,

also ynotshi what profile have you got then they 45's or 50's? i also live in the sticks lol

hi guys, thanks for the advice with it all, i have decided to go with 225's on the rear and 215's on the front like ormi said.

i have ordered a set of federals ZE 912s as they had pritty good ratings on the web and get them fitted next saturday,

also ynotshi what profile have you got then they 45's or 50's? i also live in the sticks lol

lmao sorry!!!! i meant falken ze912! ooooops :shutit: