Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Ls460 Rear Door Button Function

I just got a LS460 but the user manual is in Germany ( I am living in German, but not speak Germany at all). just one question, what's the function of the button on the rear door the one marked with 'c' and a green light!

Thanks!

DONT PUSH IT its the ejector seat, sorry never had the luck to even sit in a 460 so dont know, Im sure someone will be along soon with an answer. If not write the description to me in German & I will translate it for you. Mark

I just got a LS460 but the user manual is in Germany ( I am living in German, but not speak Germany at all). just one question, what's the function of the button on the rear door the one marked with 'c' and a green light!

Thanks!

DONT PUSH IT its the ejector seat, sorry never had the luck to even sit in a 460 so dont know, Im sure someone will be along soon with an answer. If not write the description to me in German & I will translate it for you. Mark

Thank you Mark! I won't play with it untill I really need an emergency evacuation!Cheers!

What happens when you press it? I can't remember there being many buttons on the door in the LS (only sat in one a couple of times), aren't most of the buttons in the middle of the car? Do you have a pic?

What happens when you press it? I can't remember there being many buttons on the door in the LS (only sat in one a couple of times), aren't most of the buttons in the middle of the car? Do you have a pic?

u_2582218398816.jpg

Yes indeed, the most of the buttons are in the centre armrest, but there are three beside the door handle. Press the button once the green light turns on, and press it again it's off, it seems some kind of switch. but nothing effectied with the functions of the rear seat.

Interesting, is it on both sides or just one? Seeing as the others are seat adjustment controls, the C might be to control the front passenger seat if it's only on the passenger side?

Actually just found a pic that shows the front seat adjustments in the centre as well so can't be that. Do you know what the set and M buttons do? Normally I'd expect to see one or the other, not both!

The C button disables the seat position recall or seat return function. Button illuminates when pressed. Pressing again enables seat movement and the light goes out.

So is that like how the drivers seat moves back when you turn the car off? Do the rear seats do that too?

The C button disables the seat position recall or seat return function. Button illuminates when pressed. Pressing again enables seat movement and the light goes out.

Thanks, I've figured out the button's function!

when it's 'on' the rear seat won't do anything when you open the rear door.

when it's 'off' the rear seat will move backwards when you open the rear door.

So far as I know that's the only thing it does.

At first I thought it will disable the reposition button from mid-console, in order to prevent driver to play with rear seat passenger when he feels bored.

Thanks again! :D

So is that like how the drivers seat moves back when you turn the car off? Do the rear seats do that too?

The driver seat seems not doing anything when I turn off the car, but the steering wheel is moving away.

Interesting, is it on both sides or just one? Seeing as the others are seat adjustment controls, the C might be to control the front passenger seat if it's only on the passenger side?

Actually just found a pic that shows the front seat adjustments in the centre as well so can't be that. Do you know what the set and M buttons do? Normally I'd expect to see one or the other, not both!

They are on both side!

Yes, the Set and M are both there.

Basically, When you press 'set', the current position will be memorized.

when you press the 'm' it will recall the position.

I think the design is a bit awkward.

The function can be achieved by pressing the button in different time length.

eg keep pressing it for 3sec to set the memo, and pressing it once to recall.

The driver seat seems not doing anything when I turn off the car, but the steering wheel is moving away.

Actually I don't know whether the LS does that or not, just assumed it did the same way our Merc does........guess it doesn't, or maybe there's a setting that needs to be activated.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links