Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Anybody Tried Ecu Remapping On Is220d?

Is it worth to try ECU remapping on is220d?(it gets More power & torque,Improved fuel economy,Improved throttle response.)

Anyone get exp? :question:

Friends recommended two websites

1----http://www.evolutionchips.co.uk 360pounds inclu labour

2----http://www.diesel-performance.co.uk from 260pounds to 390pounds parts only, fitting by yourself.

any advice?

regards

i have been using a spider tuning box for about a year now without issues.the unit does work with pwer improvements in the mid range but no significant change at sub turbo revs.

Any change in consumption?

this is wuts am looking for, mine only 45MPG on 80% motoway

i have been using a spider tuning box for about a year now without issues.the unit does work with pwer improvements in the mid range but no significant change at sub turbo revs.

this is wuts am looking for, mine only 45MPG on 80% motoway

45mpg!!!...wouldnt complain about that.

there has been no change one way or another in fuel consumption just an increase in mid range power and no trouble after 20k miles,my avg mpg is 42-43 with combined cycle use.

ps,i had a slight hesitation on acceleration a while ago,this was cured in 15mins by my mechanic who cleared out some soot build up below the egr valve.

• 4 weeks later...

I chipped my last car (petrol based Saab 93 Turbo) and any real world economy improvements are outweighed by the fact you are likely to spend more time with your foot down experiencing your new found power. Indeed, after chipping, stainless steel exhaust, Vectra VXR intercooler, air filter and a few other little mods to the engine set up my Saab was returning under 25mpg (from 30ish standard), which was just unacceptable with a 25 mile each way commute every day. Hence the switch to a diesel...

I think that you have to be careful due to a lack of out of the box units. The unit I used on the Saab was a BSR PPC, which was an out of the box set up through the OBD-II port uploading the 20 most used maps, with the ability to "read" the car and have BSR send you the maps most useful for the engine parameters you were recording (i.e. a Swedish car would get a map with a set up that deals with the denser air it has in its intake as opposed to a Dubai based vehicle for example)

Anything that's done on the fly is going to suffer problems unless you have a very good mapper, and ideally one who knows the engine very well. By doing it on the fly you get a map for that day's parameters, be it warm, cold, damp, etc, and everything else is an approximation relative to that initial map.

Just changed to an 18m old 220d from a mapped Subaru Impreza WRX. What a time to change going from 4WD to rear wheel in these conditions. Takes some getting use to from chucking it into bends. At least with the impreza you come out of them ok..!!

Got the 220d chipped from Diesel Tuner in Hull. Cannot say if there is any difference as I only drove it 2 mile before hand, the day I collected it... And I guess i cannot compare it to the decatted Scoob..!

Anyway, first time of owning a diesel, good torque must admit. Anything else I need to look for. Had a Lexus service at 11K and one at 23k before I picked it up. Drives great, cannot complain..not that great in the ice. Only done 60mile though..!!

The misses prefers it, not quite as noisy..no burrble or drown as it goes down the road. Oh and the neighbours prefer it at 0530 in the morning when I leave for work striking it up and reversing out the garage.

Noticed some relucance in starting in the morning. Just removed the box and trying it without for a bit to see if the DT box is the problem. Have not had the car that long so it may be another issue that I will need to sort before warranty runs out (removing the DT box of course..)

• 7 years later...

I own a 2006 is220d with 95000 on the clock .Just had ecu remap and egr delete a week after getting the car terra cleaned as no matter how I drove it I couldn't get more than 34mpg on the motorway . This jumped to just under 40mpg after the terra clean. Couple of days later the car started to run poorly ( juddery, splutters when you put your foot down before the turbo kicks in) and the turbo lag was horrific . Booked the car In for a re map with a very reputable garage who do it to lots of various makes of car . 3 days of running it on motorways and mpg is down to 31 no matter how I drive it although it does run a lot smoother . The remap was for economy as well as a bit more power . So all in all I've spent nearly 500 pounds to be close to 8 mpg down after the terraclean and 3 mpg down on what the car was doing before I even had anything done  . Surely this can't be right as it should be doing well over 40 mpg . If anyone had any idea what's happened any advice would be much appreciated . I'll be taking it straight back to the garage tomorrow as it feels like I might as well have flushed my money down the toilet 

Well, I get between 36-38mpg out of mine with a mixture of town and motorway driving.

It sounds like the remap isn't very good.  The only thing to suggest at the moment is get them to put it back to factory standard and see what happens to the Mpg.  Then, depending on the result, take it back to them.

when had my is220d dpf got blocked had it cleaned from car surgeon in Birmingham and did ask imran if delete dpf, remap ecu and he suggested don't bother as you will b wasting your money, won't really make much difference, most garages just need your money never give u proper advice but imran was honest. 

I personally use a tuning box in my car and have been nearly 2 year now.

I purchased mine on

http://www.tdi-tuning.co.uk/

Easy to install (they installed for me for free) and customisable. Literally plug and play! (Guide included) I can feel the difference straightaway, much more responsive.

I have it set slightly to the economy mode and average around 45mpg motorway mainly.

• 3 years later...

After having paid almost 300 Euros for a new EGR (the car was in limp mode), the problem returned after only 2 months. (Limp mode again). I decided to eliminate the EGR. While checking they noted the DPF was cracked (seems to happen frequently to Toyota's). EGR and DPF eliminated, ECU remapped, car has 207bhp and goes an extra 100km on a full deposit. Zero smoke. It's more joy than before. You need to have a good and serious reprogrammer.