Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Shiny Pipes

chokit

ok, after the problem ive had with my car, and finaly discovering that my exhaust is blocked because one of the pre-cats had fallen apart i thought it must be a sign that i dont need the cats in there any more so here is what ive got comming to me:

1-EXH-LXI300.jpg

the headers cost $119 with another $30 for delivery from the US off of eBay.

MR-SSDP-LIS300.jpg

this is a megan racing down pipe, £148 from SPEED CULTURE

will let you know about fitment, finish and how the car runs when they arrive,. along with my exhaust, the hks hi-power silent, i will have a straight thru system, will be interesting to see what it does to the noise levels.

also anyone know where i can get my car remapped? gotta make the most of it.

p.s. the headers are being a right :tsktsk: to get off of the car, any tips? got all the bolts undone, i just cant seem the get them out. thanks.

What about the O2 sensors near the catalyst mate? You will need to get an O2 wideband sensor (ie AEM) otherwise you will have problems (Check engine light). O2 spacers will not work on IS300 from what I have read on my.is. forum. On my car I have fitted an aftermarket HJS 200cells katalyst and I had to fit an O2 spacer. Without it the check engine switched on occasionally and I had to pull over and reset the ECU.

What about the O2 sensors near the catalyst mate? You will need to get an O2 wideband sensor (ie AEM) otherwise you will have problems (Check engine light). O2 spacers will not work on IS300 from what I have read on my.is. forum. On my car I have fitted an aftermarket HJS 200cells katalyst and I had to fit an O2 spacer. Without it the check engine switched on occasionally and I had to pull over and reset the ECU.

will definatly need to look at that. thanks for the heads up.

• 3 weeks later...
ok, after the problem ive had with my car, and finaly discovering that my exhaust is blocked because one of the pre-cats had fallen apart i thought it must be a sign that i dont need the cats in there any more so here is what ive got comming to me:

1-EXH-LXI300.jpg

the headers cost $119 with another $30 for delivery from the US off of ebay.

MR-SSDP-LIS300.jpg

this is a megan racing down pipe, £148 from SPEED CULTURE

will let you know about fitment, finish and how the car runs when they arrive,. along with my exhaust, the hks hi-power silent, i will have a straight thru system, will be interesting to see what it does to the noise levels.

also anyone know where i can get my car remapped? gotta make the most of it.

p.s. the headers are being a right :tsktsk: to get off of the car, any tips? got all the bolts undone, i just cant seem the get them out. thanks.

Would this header fit an IS200? Only asking as I could do with one and the cheapest I've seen here is about £500 :crybaby:

what model is it made for? looks fine to me mate.

it should fit all is300, lhd and rhd. megan racing do not know if their down pipe will fit a rhd car, but if the headders is the same for both and so is the exhaust i cant see there being any problem. still waiting for delivery, had a letter from parcel force thismorning saying they have the header and i need to pay the import tax. the down pipe is coming from a uk supplier, who is waiting for a delivery from megan.

does any one know how to get the header off the car? as it is being a right son of a b***h.

what model is it made for? looks fine to me mate.

Made for the Is300 which has a different engine i believe. Does anyone know if its the same and woiuld fit the Is 200?

will not fit the IS200

from distant memories on previous IS300's there also may be a problem fitting on a RHD IS300, I believe the steering gear gets in the way !

ok, got the old mainfold off the car this arvo (what else would i do on christmas eve?) and the new one looks like it will fit on past the stearing rack, only problem is getting it on. i had alot of problems getting the old one off and ended up cutting it in half, obvioulsy i cant do that to the new one. can someone please tell me how to do the job properly, the online workshop manual says:

remove the air intake system, unplug the oxygen sensors, undo the 3 bolts between the manifold and down pipe, undo the 2 bolts holding on the bracket then remove bracket, undo the 8 nuts connecting the manifold to the head then lift out of the car.

this does not work!!! the orignal manifold has the 2 pre cats in it and is impossible to get it past the slearing rack. am i going to need to pull the engine out?

I recnetly fitted a simular pipe to an aristo and had to drop the steering rack of.I didnt take ot of compleatly just undid the mounting brackets and slide it out from the front sub frame and left it hanging on the steering arms. The aristo is a turbo model so wont be the same as is300 but might be easier to remove rack like i did was only 3 bolts.

will not fit the is20, and does not fit UK or RHD is300

not that i doubt you mat, just curious, could you explain it for us mere mortals the difference between the LHD and RHD IS300 2JZ setups.

apologize if this ends up as a threadjack...

ok, got the manifold on the car, and it fits past the knuckle and all other parts that may have been in the way. secret to getting the old one off/new one on, take the steering shaft off! alot of work but easy if you have the workshop manual to hand. one problem with it, one of the oxygen sensors does not fit on beacuse the hole is located far too close to the bulkhead. im assuming the the lhd would have the same problem. comes with a couple of bolts to blank holes so should be ok after some more tweeking. going to be running a piggy back ecu when i have the time for fitting and mapping. looking at a greddy e-manage ultimate. hopeing to see atlease 270bhp when its set up properly. plus the ecu can swap between 2 maps at a flick of a switch so can have one for power and one for mot.

still waiting for the megan racing downpipe to arrive.

• 2 weeks later...
ok, got the manifold on the car, and it fits past the knuckle and all other parts that may have been in the way. secret to getting the old one off/new one on, take the steering shaft off! alot of work but easy if you have the workshop manual to hand. one problem with it, one of the oxygen sensors does not fit on beacuse the hole is located far too close to the bulkhead. im assuming the the lhd would have the same problem. comes with a couple of bolts to blank holes so should be ok after some more tweeking. going to be running a piggy back ecu when i have the time for fitting and mapping. looking at a greddy e-manage ultimate. hopeing to see atlease 270bhp when its set up properly. plus the ecu can swap between 2 maps at a flick of a switch so can have one for power and one for mot.

Would an O2 spacer solve an ECU error related to low catalyst system efficiency on IS200? If so, which of the spacers should I get, or are they all fine?

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=oxygen%20...tpos=&gbr=1

Thanks!

Would an O2 spacer solve an ECU error related to low catalyst system efficiency on IS200? If so, which of the spacers should I get, or are they all fine?

http://shop.ebay.com/i.html?_nkw=oxygen%20...tpos=&gbr=1

Thanks!

to be honest, im waiting to get the car back on the road befor trying to sort that problem, still waiting for the down pipe delivery. been almost 8 weeks now. going to need something as will have no cats at all.

• 1 month later...

the downpipe finaly turned up on wednesday and is now on the car, only been off the road for 2 1/2 months. has made such a differance to the car. first off then noise, it is alot louder than before, even with the hks hi-power silent its quite loud. has a nice deep note at tick over, realy nice burble on the over run and a kinda turbo rasp when you rev it. power is up, enough to get the back end spinning thru first and second on a dry road. spinning in first in the damp at around 1/3 throttle. has the torque to slide the back end with the traction control on. also feels like its knocked around 1/2 second off the 0-60 time. have to be a bit more carful on the throttle in the wet as ive found out the hard way, back end has been trying to get away from me when accelerating a bit early. just need to change the way i drive it a bit.

top speed (completly hyerthetical of course)

on a stretch of dual carrage way after work managed 145 where it would normally hit around 130, gets to 130 now quicker and with alot less hastle, and touching on 110 by the top of an uphill on ramp where it used to hit 90. all hyperthetical you understand.

the down sides, petrol usage, driving usualy the mpg differance is not really noticable, put your foot down and it trys downing the tank in one, went thru around £7 in 3 1/2 miles of dual carrige way. other problem, which is kinda funny in the short term, when at temp on idle the whole car shakes due to the lack of back pressure, like its got a big block peice of american muscle under the hood. hopeing the piggy back ecu will sort that when i get it, just increase the idle a bit.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links