Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Size Of Ls400 Mk4 Fuel Tank

Seasonal greetings to one and all,

I am 99% certain that a LS400 Mk4 will be my next acquisition.

How large is the fuel tank on this vehicle?

What mpg am I likely to return at a very steady 70mph (120 km/h)?[/b]

I intend to take it back and forth a couple of times from Berkshire into Vienna, Austria. That's a 900 mile trip there and a 900 mile jaunt back.

Choice of car, I am sure you will agree, is critical. I have rejected a 1999 BMW 740i on the grounds of the Lexus' superior refinement and noise levels.

Bestest wishes,

The Doc

The LS400 is a wise choice.

My mk4 gives around 30-35mpg on a motorway run according to the display. Expect a minimum of 400 miles per tank on the motorway between 65-70mph. It really is rather good. A full tank costs around £80 so I guess 70litres or so

hope this helps

Seasonal greetings to one and all,

I am 99% certain that a LS400 Mk4 will be my next acquisition.

How large is the fuel tank on this vehicle?

What mpg am I likely to return at a very steady 70mph (120 km/h)?[/b]

I intend to take it back and forth a couple of times from Berkshire into Vienna, Austria. That's a 900 mile trip there and a 900 mile jaunt back.

Choice of car, I am sure you will agree, is critical. I have rejected a 1999 BMW 740i on the grounds of the Lexus' superior refinement and noise levels.

Bestest wishes,

The Doc

Hi Doc what ever you do dont go for a e38 740i they are nothing but trouble, Poor build quallity & have a habit of blowing auto boxes amoungst outher things, I know them well. If your planing on doing trips like that a couple of times a year you might be wise to get your ls 400 lpg converted. saves bundles on the continent especialy in Belguim.( mine returns 75mpg equiverlent on the price difference between gas & petrol in Belguim).

You will love the ls on trips like that ( effortless & cosets you all the way & eats the miles ) I drive to south Germany quite frequently 650 miles & get out as fresh as I get in,with only pit stops for gas. I sometimes think to check the oil, dont know why it never uses any.

It was my main reason for going for my Ls above a 7 bmw or a s500 merc, my outher choice would have been a merc w124 300d.

Hi,

The tank holds 85 litres and at 70mph my mk4 did around 36mpg.

These are the ideal car for long distance cruising, spend time looking for a good one and you won't regret the effort.

Pete

Wow. That is impressive. Assuming I can achieve the same 36mpg:

85 litres equates to 18.7 gallons, making it a theoretical range of 673 miles.

Looking forward to achieving 673 miles on a single tank.

I have a mk-iii, with 85 L tank.

I have just been to Cornwall and back, no stopping and on cruise control.

I got 530 miles, at 60-65mph and upon return got 75L into the tank, which is 32mpg.

I wish you "VERY good Luck" with 673 at 70mph.

I suspect the max range is more "high 500s", if you take it V easy at 60 ish.

if you hit 600 then you will be on "very thin vapours" and empty!

Hi Doc on petrol I get 30mpg at 75mph the best I got was 33 at 68mph, but saying that some cars are more economical than outhers so you will be lucky to get one that will do 36mpg. All the same 30mpg from a 284 bhp 4 litre v8 isnt to be sniffed at. I get 24mpg at a steady 100mph on gas its a third of the price of petol in Belguim & under half in Germany. So if economy is an issue lpg it ( the emissions when it comes to mot time are virtually zero also) :D

Thanks for these figures, it gives me an idea of how many fuel stops to plan for and expect.

Still, it betters the absolute best of 17mpg I squeeze out of the Ferrari.

I would have thought 17mpg from a Rarri was good, 8 - 10 mpg seem to be the norm...

Thanks for these figures, it gives me an idea of how many fuel stops to plan for and expect.

Still, it betters the absolute best of 17mpg I squeeze out of the Ferrari.

I would have thought 17mpg from a Rarri was good, 8 - 10 mpg seem to be the norm...

At a very steady 70mph in 6th gear, you can get 200-220 miles out of 60 litres in my car. 15-17 mpg.

5mpg is not uncommon, on a bit of a blast.

Ooops! Just realised I didn't say that the 36 was the computer figure. When ever I checked by filling to the brim it was usually around 2 mpg less. Still a good result for the size of the car.

" have a mk-iii, with 85 L tank.

I have just been to Cornwall and back, no stopping and on cruise control.

I got 530 miles, at 60-65mph and upon return got 75L into the tank, which is 32mpg."

Thats about what I would have got from the mk 3 i had. The mk 4 is more economical with its vvti engine and 5 speed box which gives it slightly higher gearing.

I assume no one would achieve the theoretical max range as no one would literally drive until they ran out of petrol.

I see about 350-400 per tank, depending how much of that is motorway stuff.

of course I do have a bit of a heavy foot :)

Me too. It's a hoot, isn't it? Crazy fun for such an otherwise staid car... :D

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links