Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Lexus Is200/altezza Cd Player Compatibility

gary2009

Hi all

recently my 6 disc cd player came up with the dreaded err3 so i have been looking for a new one and i was wondering if a 6 disc cd player with the slot in the bottom from a 01 plate altezza would fit?My lexus is a 2000 w reg with the cassette player built into it but the altezza one has a mini disc player instead of a cassette player.So baiscally would this player fit straight into my is200 without any modifications?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Gary

they are not compatible

thanks for letting the guy know for sure. any reason why that is? wiring different?

short of only a very small handful, the altezza never had the separate amp located behind the glove box...assuming the OP has the amp fitted to the car

the plugs were different, it may be worth the OP getting the code from the front of the unit, and a picture of the rear, but as i say, im sure it wont work

whem my cd player went out, i went to the local netz toyota place and we looked it up,

the head units are not interchangeable on my car.

not sure why.

there is a guy here who has an altezza, mostly same as mine, only his came with the mini disc/6 cd player,

he was going to trade it to me for some gear... but the netz guy said it would not work,

the netz guy kept pointing to the code on the front of the unit, like mat is telling you.

mine is off getting overhauled somewhere in japan right now... let you know when i get it back

the altezza never had the separate amp located behind the glove box.
Yes they did. If it had the optional "super live system" then they had an amp just like an IS200

You're wasting your time & money with the OE headunit anyway IMO. When mine started playing up I ripped it out & replaced it with an Alpine CDA-9886. The improvement in SQ was immediately noticeable. Now I have a CD player with USB input, full speed iPod contol & with the option to add Bluetooth, sat/HD radio & imprint modules if desired.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links