Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Gear Change Thud ?

hi all, right my gear box drives and changes fine, its nice and tight and changes into gear fine, however when i change from first into second at low revs or quickly theres a very faint almost what i would call a thud? its hard to explain really, it doesnt sound anything bad but just strange really.

is this normal??

hi all, right my gear box drives and changes fine, its nice and tight and changes into gear fine, however when i change from first into second at low revs or quickly theres a very faint almost what i would call a thud? its hard to explain really, it doesnt sound anything bad but just strange really.

is this normal??

when it does it, i cant feel it through the gear stick or anything like that, i could only describe it to be a noise asif you were to punch a feather pillow?

Try changing your gearbox oil. I would highly recommend using RedLine MT-90

I had a similar issue but since changing to MT-90 it only happens on the odd occasion now but I think that's more to do with the hand being faster than the foot :blush: . I also have a TRD direct clutch line sitting in the cupboard waiting to go in so we'll see if that improves things further.

• 2 weeks later...

just curious - would replacing the syncro mesh improve the gear changes?

currently (sorry to hijack the thread) when i put into 3rd gear, it feels as though it has hit something and wont slot in 3rd.. so i have to wait a milli secondon and then it slots in....

sorry im not very mechanically minded.. does this sound like the mesh?

cheers