Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Hi

I've just been looking at the the Lexus website and noticed that the 2010 GS 450h now has DAB radio as an option. Does anyone know/have an educated guess whether the DAB module can be retrofitted to an existing mk 3 GS?

Russell.

Hi Russell,

I tried this for my06 450h and all the dealers said no so I bought a Pure Highway, installed in the centre stowage box and transmitts to the existing audio by FM, works better than standard system all over England with just the addition of a screen mounted aerial, no wires visible and Planet Rock loud & proud all day and the cricket ! SUPERB total cost about £100

Tony

Thanks for your reply Tony. That's a shame that it can't be done. I may ask my local dealer just in case they know. I'm mindful of the fact that FM radio will be discontinued by 2015 and I'll either still have the car then or be looking to change at about that time.

I'll take a look at that Pure Digital thing though. You are not the only person to recommend it but I'd just like something without wires and controllable from the central console.

Russell.

Thanks for your reply Tony. That's a shame that it can't be done. I may ask my local dealer just in case they know. I'm mindful of the fact that FM radio will be discontinued by 2015 and I'll either still have the car then or be looking to change at about that time.

I'll take a look at that Pure Digital thing though. You are not the only person to recommend it but I'd just like something without wires and controllable from the central console.

Russell.

The Pure Highway looks like it was made for GS Mk3, it sits on top of the seat heater switches perfectly no matter how hard you drive and sits inside the console when not in use, not 1 wire can be seen and because it runs thro the Lexus amp you retain steering wheel controls except re tune but it is right by you.

Tony

Russell, I was enquiring about the same thing a while ago. There is another thread on here somewhere that mentioned that Driveandview.com fit Dab units to Lexus, but when I asked them they said that they don't fit to the GS300 :¬(

Tony, that sounds like a plan. Where do you take the live feed to the unit from?

Also, is the stick-on windscreen aerial fairly unobtrusive, and is it easy to route the aerial wire?

Cheers

Marok

Russell, I was enquiring about the same thing a while ago. There is another thread on here somewhere that mentioned that Driveandview.com fit Dab units to Lexus, but when I asked them they said that they don't fit to the GS300 :¬(

Tony, that sounds like a plan. Where do you take the live feed to the unit from?

Also, is the stick-on windscreen aerial fairly unobtrusive, and is it easy to route the aerial wire?

Cheers

Marok

Hi, my 450h has a aux power socket in the centre box which is perfect. Regareding the aerial I did not like the look of the stick on jobby so I bought a proper DAB glass mount aerial with a 200 mm mast, the two halves bond to glass but because I have a rear sun blind I mounted mine top nearside of the windscreen with the ultra tiny cable hidden in the pillar, kick plate ,under the passenger seat and up between the centre console and seat backrest, it can not be seen at all but works fantastically and much better than the FM reception thro the heared rear window and I dont have to hear all the rubbish Xmas songs as Planet Rock dont play them !!!

Happy Tony

Tony, I like the sound of that, thanks.

Do you mind if I ask, which glass mount aerial did you go for?

There seems to be a hell of a lot of them out there.

I'm desperately missing dab in the car - had a 735 beamer with it in.

sorry not sure which make but supplied be Dabonwheels. co, now have cracked the windscreen and so am thinking of a proper roof mount power aerial coz it must improve FM reception as well as good DAB but will have to get it fitted .

Would fif to rear screen but for sun blind.

Tony

sorry not sure which make but supplied be Dabonwheels. co, now have cracked the windscreen and so am thinking of a proper roof mount power aerial coz it must improve FM reception as well as good DAB but will have to get it fitted .

Would fif to rear screen but for sun blind.

Tony

BTW another point is the AUX socket on the Pure so i pod can be connected, slightl hiss when played loud but that may be my chioce of 70s music ! and CD transfer onto i pod

I imported a Vais interface but can not get it to work, I suspect it does not suit the boot mounted amplifier and so will return it to USA. Non specific in their guide saying one model supports all GS450 h but mine has the 14 speaker Mark Levison system so I loose all audio output when connected.