Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

My Thoughts On The Rx450h

Just got my RX450 on thurs and my initial thoughts on it are positive. Drive is really nice, love the electronic boot. No problems connecting my Iphone or getting bt audio. Only issue is that the consumption is really poor - only got 27mpg for the 100 miles I did over the weekend. Have noticed the wing mirrors don't tilt down when reversing like my IS220 which is a bit disappointing but other than that all good so far!!!

Just got my RX450 on thurs and my initial thoughts on it are positive. Drive is really nice, love the electronic boot. No problems connecting my iPhone or getting bt audio. Only issue is that the consumption is really poor - only got 27mpg for the 100 miles I did over the weekend. Have noticed the wing mirrors don't tilt down when reversing like my IS220 which is a bit disappointing but other than that all good so far!!!
Have you set the mirrors to the auto postion on the door window control panel? Mine only go down when its set to auto.

Just got my RX450 on thurs and my initial thoughts on it are positive. Drive is really nice, love the electronic boot. No problems connecting my iPhone or getting bt audio. Only issue is that the consumption is really poor - only got 27mpg for the 100 miles I did over the weekend. Have noticed the wing mirrors don't tilt down when reversing like my IS220 which is a bit disappointing but other than that all good so far!!!
Have you set the mirrors to the auto postion on the door window control panel? Mine only go down when its set to auto.

I have the SE-I and they close when I lock the car and they are set to auto but don't tilt to help reverse parking :-(

I have the SE-I and they close when I lock the car and they are set to auto but don't tilt to help reverse parking :-(

According to the brochure all models get all functionality as far as mirrors go so it has to be a setting somewhere either through the menu system or a switch somewhere. (If like most cars with the functionality you should be able to adjust the mirror in the down position and it remembers it - maybe someone has adjusted it up while in the "down" position)

Next time you are passing the dealers they should be able to find which button / setting needs changing to engage.

According to the brochure all models get all functionality as far as mirrors go so it has to be a setting somewhere either through the menu system or a switch somewhere. (If like most cars with the functionality you should be able to adjust the mirror in the down position and it remembers it - maybe someone has adjusted it up while in the "down" position)

Next time you are passing the dealers they should be able to find which button / setting needs changing to engage.

right got it tilting but it is very minimal - not like the IS which tilts enough to see the kerb, doesn't appear to be adjustable so either need to have it to low normally or not low enough when reversing....

• 3 weeks later...

right got it tilting but it is very minimal - not like the IS which tilts enough to see the kerb, doesn't appear to be adjustable so either need to have it to low normally or not low enough when reversing....

I agreee with you as far as the fuel consumption goes.Anything above 75mph drops it below 30.I now have 5k on the clock and I reckon you will have to run permanently on ECO mode to get anything near quoted figures. One niggle which dealer doesnt seem to concerned about is I Pod connection or rather lack of it. 90% of the time it fails to connect. Anyone else have this problem?

• 2 weeks later...