Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Quicky On Radios

fil4362

Was flicking through the cd changer tonight and it just stopped changing cds. Eventually the screen read error 3. I put the stereo onto radio and just carried onthe journey. After a while the radio beeped twice when i looked down the screen read alarm, then just started working normally cds and everything. I think i have seen something about error code 3 before on here so i presume its something thats cropped up a few times. New cd player are so cheap, i actually have a touch screen with 7.5 inch fold out screen but would prefer to leave the standard one in. So my question is any one know what error code 3 is about and what was it on about when it came up alarm

Error 3 is disc jam, hopefully yours has sorted itself out, but normally when error 3 is seen, that's it, goodbye headunit and folks have to butcher the unit to retreive the cd's jammed inside.

there was a thread a while back where someone had theirs repaired for around £100 by an independant trader, but Lexus will hit your wallet hard to replace, normally always one on the bay, but come time it probably will die the same way!!!

Supposedly if you only put a maximum of 5 disc in at a time it reduces your chances of Err3. Mine played up a few times then scratched a brand new copy of Dubstep Allstars Vol.6 which made me mad. It worked fine with the remaining 5 disc in there for a few months until I ripped it out & replaced it with an Alpine.

If you want to keep the OE look & you've got an iPod then maybe look at investing in a grom interface to avoid using CDs altogether.

• 1 year later...

sorry to dig up an old thread but i too have had these errors, "error 1", "error 3", etc, etc. (usually i just quickly press FM then CD again to sort it) but never until last night had the "alarm" message?!?!

does anyone know what this is?

The other messages dont really worry me but this one does as it comes with its own beeps lol!

Is the headunit in any way linked to the car alarm system? (not likely imo)

All the best

Lew The Machine...

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links