Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Found Supercharger, Which Parts Do I Need?

Hi all

I have found myself an Is200 (supercharged :winky: ) that has been in an accident and the owner is selling it at a bargain price. The engine is still running but thats about the only usable part of the car as far as i can see. Even the intercooler looks like it has a few dents and might not be airtight anymore. Long story short, can anyone tell me which are the main parts I need to remove and which parts ( supercharger kit only) I can find replacements for i.e you can buy silicon hoses and an intercooler at pro-lex, obviously the supercharger, cradle and ecu are the most important things :) Basically I want to remove as little as possible from the car and re build the kit so it runs like new, maybe even better :) .

Thanks for your help

Tristan

LexusIS200ttesupercharger.jpg

all of above :D

the pipework is important as it is all bent/shaped to fit

and the pulley of the crank

intercoolers can be picked up of eBay quite cheaply

depending on what colour ecu has been fitted (black/silver) silver being the better one, the black one being prone to breaking down !

replacements are available from various places, ie HKS

there is also an attachment on the throttle body which connects to the by-pass cable

I've got a load of blue hose connections if you click the link below in my sig

or if you need any other silicone hoses don't waste your time with prolex go straight to auto silicon hoses you can find anything you need there and there be way cheaper,

I bought about 15 different fittings of them in a range of sizes and only cost me about £80 to my door

here's a link

click me

The piggyback (blackbox, silverbox or HKS fuelcut defencer) are located in the black box in the engine compartment. Don't cut the cables short.

This is how it ought to be installed according to TTE. Follow steps in reverse order to uninstall the piggy back ecu.

TMP1.jpg