Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Kind Of Car Alarm It Is?

Hi there,

When I bought my car, I received only one key with the car alarm remote. I would like to swap the current security block with a brand new in order to get new remotes and to avoid possible theft (I have no idea, where are the other remotes). However, here I need you help, guys. Have anybody seen such remote or could you tell what kind of car security system it is?

286z328.jpg

Thanks for your input!

• 3 weeks later...

Hi there,

When I bought my car, I received only one key with the car alarm remote. I would like to swap the current security block with a brand new in order to get new remotes and to avoid possible theft (I have no idea, where are the other remotes). However, here I need you help, guys. Have anybody seen such remote or could you tell what kind of car security system it is?

286z328.jpg

Thanks for your input!

Hi mate, thats a standard Cobra Alarm..

thanks

• 1 month later...

Used to have one of those fitted to my pajero ... its quite common to find them installed on import 4x4's ...

Somewhere near the steering wheel you should have a round socket with almost a serated looking edge ... thats the master socket. If you have that key you can reprogram any key fob to your system (cough ..ebay ...cough) or indeed reprogram your existing remotes. If you have the codes for it (often on a credit card sized piece of paper) Cobra can supply a new one.

The master key also works as an overide for when you work on the car and it decides to go off in your ear ..repeatedly :tsktsk:

Iain