Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Replacement Headphones

I've got a 2007 RX400h, I've got ICE installed, I've got kids. Letting the kids watch dvd's on long journeys is perfect combination.

However the Lexus branded headphones have become a bit tatty. The leatherette covering around the earpiece have completely worn (not the best quality in the world). So I'm after replacement headphones. Does anyone know if there are any alternatives to the Lexus supplied ones? Or do I have go with Lexus, which I know will be expensive and end up tatty in two or three years time.

• 1 month later...
I've got a 2007 RX400h, I've got ICE installed, I've got kids. Letting the kids watch dvd's on long journeys is perfect combination.

However the Lexus branded headphones have become a bit tatty. The leatherette covering around the earpiece have completely worn (not the best quality in the world). So I'm after replacement headphones. Does anyone know if there are any alternatives to the Lexus supplied ones? Or do I have go with Lexus, which I know will be expensive and end up tatty in two or three years time.

post-6401-1263389627.png

A little sad answering my own post but I managed to get a pair of these, £11.12 each plus P&P.

I added the two AAA batteries to each headphone and they just worked flawlessly.

I didn't realise how cheap they would be. :) But how long they last well that's a different matter. :question:

• Like 1

Great! Could you give some details on the make/model of the headphones and where you got them, in case other RX owners have the same problem later?

My mission was to replace the head phones that came with the car with a cheaper alternative. I've got two young boys that have managed to pulverize the headphones in less than 3 years and I expect these replacements to go the same way. But the ICE system is great solution for those of us with kids and long journeys so my search for replacements began.

My search went as far as eBay. There's loads of IR headphones and they all seem to work over the same IR frequency range. The pair I found cost £11.12 each and that included P&P (I made a mistake in my previous post - P&P was free). They were sent from Hong Kong by a company called SinoITproducts. It took around three weeks (over the Christmas period) before they arrived but they weren't boxed, just bubble wrapped in a jiffy bag.

below are the details that were on the eBay listing

post-6401-1263459254.jpg

post-6401-1263459267.jpg

• 6 months later...

I notice that the headphones you found here are single channel whereas the Lexcus supplied ones have channel A and B. I wondered if that presented issues ? Also (newbie here) are headphones the only sound option ? Can't I get sound just out of the screens or speakers ?

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

I'm not sure if you are still wondering about this - it seems like the post is pretty old. But, in case someone else runs across the question, I thought I would Chime in. I've been in the car business for 20 years, and always try to help when it comes to finding those hard-to-find parts for people that return their leases. Headphones are one of those things that people just dont think about until they have to return their leased car. Then, all-of-a-sudden it becomes an added lease return expense. it's a bit frustrating. While good dealerships will accept factory replacement parts (like IR headphones from china), many dealers want to be able to re-sell their investment with the original parts in the car. eBay is a good place to find parts, but you can also search on Google for reputable companies. I use http://www.froogle.com to find lots of parts sold by reputable companies with good return policies. For Lexus headphones and GPS discs, I have been fairly successful with http://www.audiovideo2go.com/categories/Automotive-Headphones/Lexus/

Just my two cents...

http://leasexpert.wordpress.com/

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

Hi,

The Lexus headphones are OEM Alpine and the nearest equivalent is the Alpine SHS-N205.

When we bought our Lexus it was missing a headset, so my dealer ordered a batch of these as you can no longer buy the Lexus OEM headsets.

The Alpine ones look slightly different, but have the advantage that they fold flat, are more comfortable to wear, still have the A/B switch, but most importantly have AUTO off (so no accidentally wearing out the batteries)!!

My children have been using the Alpine replacement for about 2 months now, without any problems at all - so would recommend.

A quick search on Google shows them for sale for £40 each.

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Just bought a RX400h SE-L with the rear DVD system but I'm having a problem with the headphones. I've replaced the batteries and can get sound if they are very near the screens. As you move back to a normal sitting position, the sound just goes.

I wondered if a system reset might help but the front of my DVD unit is different from the one in the manual so I don't know how to do a reset - anyone got any ideas?

TIA

Ldn

On the rear side of each "B" pillar, about halfway up, you will see what looks like a vertical row of clear but unlit LEDS. These are the Infra-red transmitters for the headphone system. They operate on "line of sight" so if you sit back and accidently have your arm or any other part of your body between the transmitters and the headphones then you will lose the signal.

Might explain why they work if you lean forward. Always worth renewing the batteries just to be on the safe side.

Best of luck

My system didn't work too well when I first bought the car, but then I realised that the LEDs had got pushed in to the door pillar somehow. A bit of fiddling with a screwdriver to pull the trim back allowed me to get behind them and push them back out. All now works well.

Thanks for the suggestions. Just been out to the car and as far as I can tell the transmitters are seated correctly on both sides but it's still like listening to Radio Luxembourg!

Guess I'm going to have a trip to the dealer.

Ldn

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links