Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

3sge/3sgte ...

turbod

Looking at a couple of engines, was thinkin of the beams tuned altezza lump, 210bhp but also the generic celica turbo unit,

the 3sgte, for 255bhp turbo power,

basically looking for a easy enough build,

can get a recon 3sgte lump with ancils ecu wiring turbo etc for around 950 and the beams engine including box and ecu etc for around 1200

I'm guessing the altezza lump is the most straight forward lump to drop in but what about the 3sgte? is this similar or require alot more work to make it work,

I have another post about different modifications looking into as i have around 2grand a side for the lexus parts and deciding where to go with it, to much to choose from and need some advice as i know alot of you guys have knowledge and experience on this situation,

2jz lump would be nice but would be too dear for my budget, most of the work would be carried out by myself or family friends rally prep business so cost for modification wont be as high just need the overview of the work involved,

thanks in advance for any knowledge or advice

wouldnt buy another car as i have the whole of the car with mountains of parts worth over 2grand in a year just to try perfect the car inside and out and know everything about it and the work done etc so i plan to put this car through another 100k miles or more, a long lasting relationship so only upgrading what it already has,

just want an upgrade in engine not start again really,

If you want to get more power then have a chat with SPC Horsham. They have just about finished the re-build of my 3S-GTE powered IS200 after the 1st lot to do the job made a right mess of the install. 301 BHP, at the moment probably go for 320 BHP??

They (SPC) have also got a couple of Turboed IS200's with STANDARD internals running in-excess of 300BHP (the 1st one is 328.9BHP) these cars are proving reliable also, so before you go down the engine swap route give them a call - you will be surprised.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links