Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Cd Changed Failer - What's Next?

flyeris

My cd changer has failed with the common ERR3 error. I wonder, what are the options now? I don't want to switch to double din player because of the higher risk of the theft - prefer to have the original player in place. What are the possibilieties or connection external audio source, like iPod or any other mp3 player? What kind of hardware is necessary? I have seen some special adapters that even show song data on the display and allow to control it, but is there any cheaper options available? Like adding some line-in option to the original amplifier?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Yep- that's the kit I have. As long as you have a top loading CD unit, then this kit will work.

Some people with the bottom loading CD units have reported that this grom kit doesn't work with their OEM bottom loading headunits.

I have a grom unit, so I cannot compare it against another unit, in terms of SQ, but my headunit has the type B connection plug.

I did the research on the internet and it seems that all Toyoya/Lexus before 2003 had Type B connector and the newer ones have Type A connector (6+6).

13901? Is the CD slot at the top or the bottom? If its at the top then the grom will work, if not then it may not work. The xcarlink units seem better suited to the bottom loading CD units.

13901? Is the CD slot at the top or the bottom? If its at the top then the grom will work, if not then it may not work. The xcarlink units seem better suited to the bottom loading CD units.

Mine is with bottom loading. Unfortunately there isn't a big choice of such products on eBay right now. No real XCarLink offers with older connector as of today :) I would probably prefer to get the XCarLink as the prices are more or less the same, but you also get an AUX-In option.