Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Are They Mad? £917.12 For A Service?

Felix

Just a quick update on my £249 60,000 mile service...

Left the car into Lexus Belfast yesterday morning. They loned me a brand new IS220d and by 2pm called me to say that my car was ready. No snag list of work they want to do extra, just a comprensive list of the work carried out under the service to include all oils, spark plugs, filters and the list goes on! They didn't even charge any extra for replacing the rubber in the wiper blades and the car came back fully valeted.

Really pleased with this service and loved the IS220d. :winky:

Mate these days after 60k and about 5 years the stamp really is not worth anything, £500 at most when resale!

A good independant will save you buckets!

and like some have mentioned go to Toyota they will save you money!

I stopped using lexus after 50k and I sold mine on 117K and my friend now has 130k and it does not skip a beat!

Most good garages go by the manufacturers spec now anyhow so they know wat oil, coolant etc to use and when as they all have manuals or computer packages telling them these things.

This is crazy....when one thinks a very clean 200 with just 40K can be picked up for £7 grand its madness to think one would spend more than 10% of the purchase price, on a simple service.

Its not the dealers fault, they have to pay the pipers themselves, its just not efficient use of your money. I wont be going to dealers for my servicing, the car isnt worth enough to make dealer service history important, i ask, will spending £900 for a dealer stamp give me a return on my investment? pretty sure it wont.

As long as the service you get is competent, just use an indy toyota mech is my advice

you think thats bad woodford lexus want £750 to do a full service + cambelt + waterpump but thats with me supplying the latter 2 parts :unsure:

i am now contemplating selling the car as i really cant be bothered with the hassle , my last hope is an indie who is going to come and have a look next week

p.s whats a shopping list look like if i buy the major service parts myself ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The 30k mile service is an intermediate one so should will probably set you back in the region of £200. Ring around a few Lexus dealers and get some quotes and pick the cheapest. TBH you will save yourself a few quid by going to a good independent and as your car is around 6 years old it won't affect the resale value to any extent if that's your concern.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links