Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

What Dont You Like About Your Ls ?

Latest example: my 430 was in for a service this week, and I mentioned that the floor mat in the driver position was loose. It clips via a little plastic thing into an eyelet on the main carpet and the eyelet had come out. The only fix, according to Lexus, is a complete replacement of the carpet throughout the car. Total cost, including VAT, well over £1,000! I decided to live with the loose mat . . .

To be fair it's not really a complaint, because I do accept it goes to a large extent with the durability/quality angle. Actually I thought it was very funny (I burst out laughing in my office when they gave me the quote) and I just thought I would share it with you all.

This clearly absurd!

My entry in the YOU-MUST-BE-KIDDING of Lexus pricing is over £600 for replacement elements and pads to fix the driver's seat-heating - not including labour.

Any more YMBK examples out there?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My gripes.

2001 LS 430. Brake pad light came on. Doesn't tell you if it's front or rear pads. So I assumed (Incorrectly) that it would be the fronts, which this morning I realised were almost like new, so now I've to go and purchase rear pads. Doh :)

On my previous VW and Merc (Fair enough, 53 reg and 56 reg) the indicators were those one touch ones where it'd flash 3 times, I miss this and thought it was a great idea.

The crap parking sensors and the fact they're a fortune to replace :(

The sat nav in mine, why can't i have post code input and program it while driving :(

What do I love about the car though? Everything else, it's bloody awesome!!!!!!

So far only four minor complaints:

- hate the way the horn sounds.

- hate the way the car handles in the snow (but will get Autosocks).

- hate the fact that the aerial pops up even when I am not listening to the radio.

- hate the fact that the steering wheel ups and downs every time you switch on/off.

The aerial will, no doubt, result in an expensive repair (previous owner, according to the Lexus invoice paid just under £250 to have it replaced). The steering wheel problem will also cost an arm and a leg (or both) to fix and, since it activates before the engine is running, it could drain that little bit of electricity that might be needed to start the car (I do have a new battery now, but on a very cold day, etc.)

If those remain my only complaints I can easily live with them and the car is otherwise brilliant.

You can turn off the steering wheel easy entry system by turning the electric adjustment knob.

So far only four minor complaints:

- hate the way the horn sounds.

- hate the way the car handles in the snow (but will get Autosocks).

- hate the fact that the aerial pops up even when I am not listening to the radio.

- hate the fact that the steering wheel ups and downs every time you switch on/off.

The aerial will, no doubt, result in an expensive repair (previous owner, according to the Lexus invoice paid just under £250 to have it replaced). The steering wheel problem will also cost an arm and a leg (or both) to fix and, since it activates before the engine is running, it could drain that little bit of electricity that might be needed to start the car (I do have a new battery now, but on a very cold day, etc.)

If those remain my only complaints I can easily live with them and the car is otherwise brilliant.

You can turn off the steering wheel easy entry system by turning the electric adjustment knob.

Thank you, that does not work on mine, but at least as far as the Battery goes I just set it to the maximum up and in setting before switching off the engine and it then does not move at start up.

really loving my 2001 430 even though the novelty has worn off.

Slight gripes at the moment:

• smart key taking 10 seconds or so to open the door (weird?)
  • rear parking sensors sometimes working sometimes not (no rhyme or reason)
  • distant roaring noise from offside front - seems to increase on braking. Don't get me wrong the only reason this is a nuisance is that the car is so quiet
  • wish they had put adjustable side supports on the driver's seat as it's a bit like a sofa for normal build people.

Mike