Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

had my new car nearly a month now and absolutly loving it!

its so comfortable to drive and makes you want to be in it. totally different driving style to a 200 etc.

it is hard to run as the mpg isnt great im realistically returning about 16-20 MPG i would of thought though i was near 30 the other week when i went to london on a run.

0-60 is pretty slow but it startes to feel fast around the 80 mark, took it to 140 and it hit it very quickly with no problems. its limited to 155 i believe.

its a 1994 mark II so it has 260 BHP and 273 ft/lb, well it did 15 years ago!

4.0 V8, if you pull up at the petrol station you think youve stalled as theres absolutly no noice, but open it up and the noise is lovely. it doesnt do corners but i dont want it for that anyway.

so far i have to say its the best car ive ever owned! and ive had a few:

micra 1987

fiesta 1.4 zetec

hyundai coupe F2 2.0

honda accord 2.0

pug 306 1.4

suzuki vitari 1.6

S14a 300bhp

laguna sport tourer

now the lexus!

its really brilliant, also ive dropped on with insurance at 22 years old 5 years no claims in doncaster 600 fully comp with protected no claims!

anyway wont be many peopls cups of tea but a few pics:

dscf0012.jpg

dscf0003.jpg

dscf0009w.jpg

dscf0004c.jpg

dscf0015.jpg

pics where taken after a quick rinse after a motorway journey.

needs wheels imo! :D

The car does corner quickly if set up right.

Get some front and rear strut braces to stop the body roll and looseness around the corners.

Can get them from RHD japan. Makes a massive cornering difference. Have them on my car along with new anti roll bar links off eBay for about £25 a set and fitted some pri racing poly bushes around the back to get a solid feel.

Good tyres are a must aswell. I use Bridgestone potenza's.

After that you either get some lowering springs or a coilover set for the best cornering effect.

Example is before mods my cornering around a certain corner my way was 50mph and now 80mph safely.

they think im an old man, all taking the *****, i gave them a ride in it now they want one!

yeh it does have ***** tires on, its running pirelle somethings. i used to run potenzas on the 200, 18/265/35 there so bloody expensive though at like 135 quid a go.

same here... I think single handedly i've convinced the local boy racer community that vauxhall corsa's are not the be all and end all of the universe.

The ladies love it as well... they want something smooth and classy, then again they even loved my old volvo... lol

Ha, good lad.

That is a good looking motor, 0-60 is a bit slow but it seems to be dependant on what you do with the pedal, try to not just plant yer foot but a gradual smooth foot down seems to take off better....its the automatic thing...just experiment

Its nice to see the younger generation knowing a bit of quality when they see it. Im 33 and some of my mates still take the pi#$, y'know...'wanna b the big man', 'pimp mobile', 'little dic# big car etc' ......but....whatever, they all know deep down its a top car and have all commented in a positive way after being in it, whether that being about the noise, the speed, the sound system or the comfort...it makes me laugh, especially when they climb into a saxo or a polo or banged out old vectra etc.....but there is just no telling the ones who love speed like the subaru owners etc....its one or the other for me, in an ideal world like a lottery win or something..i would have a Lexus and a speedster, in fact if i won the lottery, i'd prob have both the Wald 600 & the LFA anyway :devil: Lexus for the forseeable future for me......

That 30 mpg on the motorway is about right mate, i went to m25 south and back to m/cr and still had just under 1/4 tank left, but nipping to the shops 4 times a day is a definate no-go...it prob costs a fiver to start the thing so forget running yer mates around for needless things all the time (just let them see you with that chick in the passenger seat...). Its designed for motorways and long country drives, not really city living so it is a bit greedy....especially now its 1.15 for the good stuff and you should use that too, i find it the cheap stuff runs out quicker so prob costs as much anyway

Any probs just get on here, most jobs can be fixed yourself quite easily if you have a few good tools..better to spend £100 on some good tools than £500 labour at a mechanics...

I was no mechanic when i got my LS but I now know i could do most work on the car and have saved thousands of £££

Get some front and rear strut braces to stop the body roll and looseness around the corners.

Can get them from RHD japan. Makes a massive cornering difference. Have them on my car along with new anti roll bar links off ebay for about £25 a set and fitted some pri racing poly bushes around the back to get a solid feel.

After that you either get some lowering springs or a coilover set for the best cornering effect.

Example is before mods my cornering around a certain corner my way was 50mph and now 80mph safely.

How much did all that cost you Baz? and where did you get the clear indicators from

Can get them from RHD japan. Makes a massive cornering difference. Have them on my car along with new anti roll bar links off ebay for about £25 a set and fitted some pri racing poly bushes around the back to get a solid feel.

How much did all that cost you Baz? and where did you get the clear indicators from

There's a thread on here for how much I spent on the service. It's under thread title ls400 service 18 hours to do. All the parts I've changed where listed on there with costs and part numbers.

There is also a thread on Parkers buying guide. Just have a look for the listing 1993 ls400 model in owners reviews. That's was done with millage at 154,000. Have now done 194,000 this week so 50,000miles covered in just over two years and all good.

Mostley all the aftermarket parts like lights and chrome parts are and cheapest from the US eBay. You now have quite a few options on what you want.

Just check out eBay US on the advanced search.

Cost of parts and conversion of other parts/alloys are most likely to be twice as much as the car was to buy.

Hi looks superb,

0-60 should be OK put it in power or sport mode hold your left foot on the brake & give the gas a little squeeze ( not a lot)

then when you let off the brake floor it at the same time ( dont do it in the wet though) it will fly.

Latest Deals

Lexus Official Store for genuine Lexus parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links