Do Not Sell My Personal Information Jump to content

Rear Diff

zap branigan

Hi guys i`m a newbie, just got my altezza at the weekend and what a car!!I`ve had audi`s for the last few years and thought it was time for a change.Was just wondering if anyone can tell me what rear diff they come with as standard as mine is a little tail happy, not a bad thing but has got me wondering if its been changed.Any info would be great,thanks.

Monster-Mat is spot on, not all Altezza come with LSD. Although you can safely say all manual RS200-Z & L editions come with them though.

Ref: http://www.japanvehicles.com/newcars/toyot.../equipRS200.htm

Have a look on your chassis plate for the diff code:

A01A - 3.916 ratio Open Centre

A01B - 3.916 ratio Torsen LSD

A02A - 4.083 ratio Open Centre

A02B - 4.083 ratio Torsen LSD

('B' denotes LSD)

If your car is tail happy I would say that has more to do with the tyres. Mine was also pretty tail happy when I got it but since changing the rear tyres to some decent Bridgestone asymmetrical treads (Potenza RE001) it has so much grip. If you want to lose traction now you have to drop the clutch rather than just press the gas pedal.

• 1 month later...

I am pretty sure I have a RS200 base model, however I have an A01B Torsen LSD, Traction control, front privacy glass, Super Live sound, fog lights, aluminium pedals and scuff plates !

How could I tell if it's a Z ?

It certainly doesn't come up as a Z on Toyomods !

From above

Found out i have a Z edition with A01B Torsen diff.

Someone quoted the pre september 2001 models do not have LSD on any model, can anyone confirm this one ?

Toyo Mods shows my car was built 12/98 - previously registered as a W reg in britian, registered 10/2001.

What is going on ?

help ?

• 2 weeks later...
Someone quoted the pre september 2001 models do not have LSD on any model, can anyone confirm this one ?

They're telling you porkies mate. All manual Z & L Editions come with an LSD right from 1998 onwards & they're optional on everything else.

On a side note the end of you model number will tell you what spec you have i.e. SXE10 AEFVF-Z = Z Edition